Are big singles the future?

I did buy that 466 bullseye charger from you blackmega, ran a 11.54 with it at 6000lb.

Holy cow I forgot I even had that one. My old truck saw so many... at least 6 or 7 I can think of.

It was a 6 blade race cover iirc!

Glad it worked for ya!

Holy cow I forgot I even had that one. My old truck saw so many... at least 6 or 7 I can think of.

It was a 6 blade race cover iirc!

Glad it worked for ya!
Oh snap! Who's wrong again, Slapper???? :hehe::hehe:

If I recall you stalled on sending the turbo, my man wanted to install it on his truck and test before that race......

:eek:wned:

Oh snap! Who's wrong again, Slapper???? :hehe::hehe:

If I recall you stalled on sending the turbo, my man wanted to install it on his truck and test before that race......

:eek:wned:

Lmao, I'll eat crow without a doubt. When it comes to shipping on time, clearly I'm flawed.

Long before that, think late '96/'97 was when it was affordable. If you been around that long anyhow. :hehe:

It was reasonable until 2005 id say. Though transmissions were high. Not much higher than today, but they were the limiting factor.

A single with nitrous went 9s in 2008/9 in a street legal truck. But it was a rough ride and not consistent.

As larger displacement engines with better controls have come along, it has become simpler to run big singles.

Turbocharging is not "free' horsepower. Turbochargers take heat energy to run. If you can make a big single work, then you are making the most of your energy. I see that as the direction that we are headed.

What do diesels do on the brake for spooling? Lots of fuel and retard timing? Or do you oscillate the timing?

On gas applications I use as much timing as possible to hit the 2 step on the transbrake as fast as possible, then slowly pull timing as boost comes on. It's a bit different though we pull spark but not fuel on the limiter. It lights in the exhaust manifold.

What do diesels do on the brake for spooling? Lots of fuel and retard timing? Or do you oscillate the timing?

On gas applications I use as much timing as possible to hit the 2 step on the transbrake as fast as possible, then slowly pull timing as boost comes on. It's a bit different though we pull spark but not fuel on the limiter. It lights in the exhaust manifold.

Oooooo CANADA! Trump says you're welcome btw!

f4d.jpeg

Yes, seems like even diesel guys are finally starting to understand how turbochargers work.

Yes, seems like even diesel guys are finally starting to understand how turbochargers work.

Good thing diesel guys have taught gassers so much about efficiency, injection, compression, timing, and that it doesn't require 5k rpm plus to spool a large turbo that sticks above the hoodline 2 feet.

I mean after all, even the most advanced gas motors are still behind the curve compared to most diesels.

^^^ that has to be the First time I've seen crybaby allen5oh in a thread that wasn't political, spewing his Snowflake, safe space, hot coco and coloring book nonsense.

^^^ that has to be the First time I've seen crybaby allen5oh in a thread that wasn't political, spewing his Snowflake, safe space, hot coco and coloring book nonsense.

You clearly forgot about the BNSF threads....:doh::blahblah1::lolly:

Good thing diesel guys have taught gassers so much about efficiency, injection, compression, timing, and that it doesn't require 5k rpm plus to spool a large turbo that sticks above the hoodline 2 feet.

I mean after all, even the most advanced gas motors are still behind the curve compared to most diesels.
Rpm makes power, diesels cant make high rpm so they dont make power. Gassers are running 100 psi boost single stage these days, at 10000+ rpm. Formula 1 engines did 80 psi already in the 80s.

Rpm makes power, diesels cant make high rpm so they dont make power. Gassers are running 100 psi boost single stage these days, at 10000+ rpm. Formula 1 engines did 80 psi already in the 80s.

Actually TQ makes power, HP is just a calculation. But who's counting?

Actually TQ makes power, HP is just a calculation. But who's counting?

My Snap On guy said my engines are RPM limited because I use a Torque wrench to assemble them and need to upgrade to one of those fancy Horsepower wrenches.

Back