HPFP got loud!!!

Signature600

THA MAN!
Driving last night, and after I made a short little high speed run, and went back to the shop, the HPFP was making a LOT more noise than normal.

Only have about 500 miles on this unit...and it's never sounded like this before now. Still was making the noise this morning too.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Chris

Driving last night, and after I made a short little high speed run, and went back to the shop, the HPFP was making a LOT more noise than normal.

Only have about 500 miles on this unit...and it's never sounded like this before now. Still was making the noise this morning too.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Chris

I would first try running it out of a bucket. See if it sounds the same or better. Check the NAPA 3270 prestainer for restriction.

Let me know what you find.

I'm almost positive it was...will check later today. Got busy last night and didn't have time to work on it!

Would having my water separator on the inlet side of the HPFP have anything to do with it?

I'll report back!
Chris

Depends....what Micron filter is it? We dont like to see anything tighter than 140um on the suciton side of our pumps.

Checked, weephole is on bottom.

Not sure of the micron rating of the water separator...but I know it's under that, so I'll move it, and install the pre-filter that came with the kit!

I'm going to take the feed line off the pump and drop it in a bucket tonight, I'll see what happens!

Chris

Yeah...if its tight....i have seen thoes suction side filters start to just get dirty...not clog...and cause issues.....lets start there and see what you find.

OK, moved Water sep post-pump, and installed the inline prefilter that came with the unit...still loud!

Unhooked line from IP, and put into bucket, not as loud, but still louder than before. Also, unhooked IP return line, and put it in bucket to make sure it was returning fuel, still loud, and returning slightly less than what the feed was.

What next Dan?
Chris

OK, moved Water sep post-pump, and installed the inline prefilter that came with the unit...still loud!

Unhooked line from IP, and put into bucket, not as loud, but still louder than before. Also, unhooked IP return line, and put it in bucket to make sure it was returning fuel, still loud, and returning slightly less than what the feed was.

What next Dan?
Chris

Chris.......have your dealer call me........

Back