Efi live hd tuning for performance engine?

superdutyfarmer

I know it was just released but I'm looking for some information on the new hd tuning. I'm sure guys are playing with it. I'm interested in what the limitations are.
The project I have in mind is building a qsb4.5 common rail to replace the ppump 4bt in my ranger. If the tuning is able to control the fueling and get the rpm I want out of it I'll build an engine and see what we can do with it. I'm thinking a 10mm pump and 4 250% injectors with the colt can I have in the 4bt and the same compound setup.

Any info appreciated

I have't played with it too much yet but it appears we have most of the same parameters available as a newer 6.7 in a Ram...

Should be a 2250 or a 2350. Yes it can be tuned with EFI and should allow full tune/rpm capability. I’ll check Tuesday if I think about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cm2150 and 2250 that we have at the shop use same part number ecm so I can change them base calibration with a fleet cal I think. I figure I'll end up buying a few til I find one that works. Initially I received feedback where a company was wanting 3x as much money for an autocal with a few tunes. They were talking $3400. At that price I'll just go through my old dinosaur and keep that. Since then I've talked with a couple people saying that the amount of control is even better than with the dodge platform.

Mark i may be interested in one of them 4.5 depending on price. One I bought for the ecm and stuff out side has a hole in it

Not really sure what the CM numbers are, all I know is the early one has the older 2 port configuration, with the small plug and the newer one has 3 large ports for the harnesses.
Both have ECMs and harnesses and I believe I still have the pinouts for the tier 3s APPS and the OBD port.

The Tier 4 (final) has a VGT turbo and is an EGR engine and when I ran the serial number it came up as a generic build stationary engine.

The tier 3 is from a chipper/shredder that had antifreeze in the crankcase, which, according to the last owner, turned out to be introduced by the equipment, not the engine itself.
It has a light tick (knock) when I hand crank it, so it needs torn down.

They are both for sale, I had delusions of making them into something useful, but it's not anywhere close to being on my list of things to do. :D

Mark.

Back