Yet another blanket and sock review! (3rd gen OEM MANIFOLD!!!)

JasonCzerak

So, I managed to get Levi to design and make me the first OEM manifold blanket. And to top it off, requested two holes to be stitched closed to prevent fraying for the EGT and Drive pressure ports.

So far, folks will have to figure out how they'll move the heater core return line. Disconnecting the hoses and having coolant everywhere will be an issue unless Levi makes a "cut" to work around this..

However, Fits like a glove!

I did suggest he clean up the edges a little. maybe some over lap and re-stitching. And to make it an even cleaner look and away to attach the blanket to the head studs if you have them, so we can close the gab a little.

See attached pics!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 121
what I think most folks should do on the 3rd gen, even for basic turbo swaps is to cut a few threads off that support bracket. I did that and can slip it over the bolt with out dealing with a drop of water.

Jason has the first CR manifold blanket I've ever made. Overall I think it came out pretty well and it's a bonus that you don't have to pull the turbo to put it on. He's given me a few good suggestions and "tweaks" that need to be made to make the install and fit/finish better for everyone. Hopefully after I make the suggested changes we'll have an even better blanket to offer the CR guys. Thanks again Jason, you've helped a lot. Without your interest I wouldn't have designed a blanket this quickly. :Cheer:

Back