Turbo Removal Help

DuraDan

Diesel Monkey
So im pullin the stock turbo on my truck right now and it is kicking my @$$, got the ebpv off and 3 of the pedestal bolts out... I cant even find the last one... i think after i get that last bolt out the last 4 collector bolts will be no problem... but how the hell am i going to get that last pedestal driver side bolt out (and not to mention getting it back in!)... reason im pullin the stock turbo is cause my truck generated a diesel leak from the fuel pump and need to pull it out! Help please :bang

I should ban you until you figure out how to do this without asking for help.....

I won't be a jerk. . . I had to do mine pain in the butt to do use 1/4 inch drive ratchet and swivel with long extension and the exhaust bolts/studs are much much harder than you think make sure when you go to put it back on to use high tack on the o-rings on the block let it set for about an hour before attempting to put turbo back on believe me when you bump one it sucks big time cause you basically gotta start all over . . . oh and put back to bolts in pedistool before setting assembly back on too hard to get hands back there but becareful to not let the drivers side rear catch on of the o-rings. . . for sure use antiseese on exhaust bolts/studs. . . what is reason for pulling turbo? going bigger? oil leak? :st:

I won't be a jerk. . . I had to do mine pain in the butt to do use 1/4 inch drive ratchet and swivel with long extension and the exhaust bolts/studs are much much harder than you think make sure when you go to put it back on to use high tack on the o-rings on the block let it set for about an hour before attempting to put turbo back on believe me when you bump one it sucks big time cause you basically gotta start all over . . . oh and put back to bolts in pedistool before setting assembly back on too hard to get hands back there but becareful to not let the drivers side rear catch on of the o-rings. . . for sure use antiseese on exhaust bolts/studs. . . what is reason for pulling turbo? going bigger? oil leak? :st:

got to put in a new fuel pump, old one is leaking bad... getting a H2E turbo soon though (like next week)

dawson_crying.gif

I won't be a jerk. . .

You should do a little reading then...

notice its cummins guys giving you a smart answer... Im suprised they got out from behind their goats long enough to get to a computer.... Maye they bring them in the house now or have wireless in the barn now... haha it is harder than it should be but dont be afraid to torch some wrenches to get a good angle on the right rear bolt. and its really convienent to go from underneat and almost hug your tranny and use both hands up to the back of the turbo.

notice its cummins guys giving you a smart answer... Im suprised they got out from behind their goats long enough to get to a computer.... Maye they bring them in the house now or have wireless in the barn now... haha it is harder than it should be but dont be afraid to torch some wrenches to get a good angle on the right rear bolt. and its really convienent to go from underneat and almost hug your tranny and use both hands up to the back of the turbo.

You obviously have no idea.

Wow.

Who opened the tard gate?

^^^ Now there some sound advice. "Hug your tranny". You'll need the protection... lol

Hugging the trans would have never worked for me my arms are way too short i am small enough to lay across top of motor and reach everything no matter which way it is not a fun job. . .

Just thought i should help when i saw no one else would especially after recently doing mine wishing i would have had instruction . . .

Got it out this evening, ended up cutting a 15mm combo wrench, and welding a socket onto it and using some extensions and a ratchet and a breaker bar and it came off relatively easy... turbo out now... puttin the new pump in tomorrow and thinking about doing an ebpv delete... dont know if it is worth it though

Turbo is off, and then had to pull the fuel filter assembly to pull out the fuel pump, getting new gaskets now and time to throw it back in... its all downhill from here

Back