Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > T&C Diesel Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
D45

Name: D45
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Modded PRV & Fuel Rails.....

I am very curious and interested in sending in my stock PRV valve from my truck....

I do not drag race or sled pull, just a daily driver who likes power.....

I have an Air Dog 150, Industrial Injection 85% CP3, and will soon have some 90 HP nozzles installed on my stock injector bodies.....programmed by Smarty

I currently have my rail capped and with the 85% pump, I am getting worried about pressure spikes.

What pop off level should I go with, to not damage to the nozzles or the bodies? I was thinking 25,000 but I wanted to make sure. I have my stock PRV that I am able to send in.....

Next, I am thinking about getting one of your Fuel Rails....will this be good for a daily driver? Do you need my core or are they just bought outright? What is the difference betweenthe MILD and WILD rails?

Thanks for any and all info!
04, 20" BMF SOTA/37" Toyo MT, 6" Lift, MBRP 5", GDP Air Boss, GDP Power-Flow, GDP Grid Delete, IceBox Intake, Air Dog 150, ATS Pulse Flow Manifold, BD Special, SMARTY, ARP Studs, T&C WILD Fuel Rail, T&C CPRV, II 85% CP3, II 100HP Nozzles, Built 48RE Trans

Old 01-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
triton

Name: triton
Title: Scarlet Fever
Member`s Gallery
if you don't drag or pull.... why even have the rail capped or worry about a modded PRV ? Running stock psi and the stock PRV should be fine for your truck.

A modded PRV would be more for a race truck or at least one that does race and wants to run higher psi while doing so. Todd has made them with the ability to pop off at predetermined psi's to suit the customers needs

The rail, you will not see or feel a benefit from but, it's there. The larger volume rail helps to acts as a buffer to the fuel pulse from the CP3. That in turn can only benefit injector life.

Calling Todd is the best way to get a hold of him. Nice guys and will tell you all you want to know about this.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #3
D45

Name: D45
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
With the 85% CP3, I am concerned about pressure spikes under heavy throttle.....

Why the modded rail? Well, why not!

Want versus need, it is a nasty decision
04, 20" BMF SOTA/37" Toyo MT, 6" Lift, MBRP 5", GDP Air Boss, GDP Power-Flow, GDP Grid Delete, IceBox Intake, Air Dog 150, ATS Pulse Flow Manifold, BD Special, SMARTY, ARP Studs, T&C WILD Fuel Rail, T&C CPRV, II 85% CP3, II 100HP Nozzles, Built 48RE Trans

Closed Thread