Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Stalnaker Racing Services
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 02:36 AM   #41
Bodacious

Name: Bodacious
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
to those pics ...and yes, believe it or not, I have never 'had' to take a qualification test.

On the 7016 question, I have not heard of them. We are still 6010 root and mostly 8010 on out depending on pipe grade. This new 42" passing about a 1/2 mile away from the house must be at least X-52. I am anxious to see if any wire machines are used.

Last edited by Bodacious; 06-10-2017 at 02:37 AM.

Old 06-16-2017, 04:36 PM   #42
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbeef View Post
i hope whoever is welding on that truck isn't the same guy that hung that giant assed generator on the front of that trlr
Thought I best square this question away. I had a pro working for me at the time the generator was mounted. lol

The cheapest used "Cummins Onan" 8kW I could find was $5,500. Bought the beast you see from my cousin. It is kubota powered, 10kw, and pretty quiet. I definitely need to insulate better from the bedroom right there.

We have resorted to headphones to watch movies if we don't have the plug in power available.

Just so happens I scored a scrapped "Cummins Onan" unit a few months later. Plans are to mount this one on the trailer you see in the pics and move the larger gen to the semi-stacker trailer we bought for the pulling truck.

No work on the 'Shop Truck' as of late. Lots of groin pain. So far the best the Doc's can say is 'Testicular Pain Syndrome' from the aftermath of the massive hernia operation. Yea haw, right??? If you want to feel a little pity for me, run out and grab a close pin off the wife's clothes line. Clamp it on a testicle. Their ya go.

Ibuprofen is my friend.

Last edited by Bodacious; 06-16-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Old 06-16-2017, 04:47 PM   #43
Highwayman

Name: Highwayman
Title: bored.
Member`s Gallery
I don't envy you one bit. I had one twisted up for a bit and it hurt to breathe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak24 View Post
Lolzzzzzz fakin haters

Old 06-25-2017, 12:21 PM   #44
Ram12vcummins

Name: Ram12vcummins
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
Thought I best square this question away. I had a pro working for me at the time the generator was mounted. lol

The cheapest used "Cummins Onan" 8kW I could find was $5,500. Bought the beast you see from my cousin. It is kubota powered, 10kw, and pretty quiet. I definitely need to insulate better from the bedroom right there.

We have resorted to headphones to watch movies if we don't have the plug in power available.

Just so happens I scored a scrapped "Cummins Onan" unit a few months later. Plans are to mount this one on the trailer you see in the pics and move the larger gen to the semi-stacker trailer we bought for the pulling truck.

No work on the 'Shop Truck' as of late. Lots of groin pain. So far the best the Doc's can say is 'Testicular Pain Syndrome' from the aftermath of the massive hernia operation. Yea haw, right??? If you want to feel a little pity for me, run out and grab a close pin off the wife's clothes line. Clamp it on a testicle. Their ya go.

Ibuprofen is my friend.

Had hernia when I was 24 lower jnagurel like you. Had the operation sucked ass. Couldn't stay away from work long enough. It was back after a year. Been dealing with it for 10 years. It takes a pile of energy out of you by the end of day. Doing what I do commercial construction/trucking and mechanic. I'll have to get operation again but I been putting it off.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:49 PM   #45
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram12vcummins View Post
Had hernia when I was 24 lower jnagurel like you. Had the operation sucked ass. Couldn't stay away from work long enough. It was back after a year. Been dealing with it for 10 years. It takes a pile of energy out of you by the end of day. Doing what I do commercial construction/trucking and mechanic. I'll have to get operation again but I been putting it off.
I will almost guarantee I ripped the left side open. All visits to the doc say no. I grabbed up the chainsaw the other day and didn't cut a half a load of logs. Rested up for the next day and spent the next two days on the couch. I have to get over this crap or I'm gonna go nuts!!!! edit: (no pun intended) lol

Old 06-25-2017, 11:03 PM   #46
Ram12vcummins

Name: Ram12vcummins
Member`s Gallery
I dredded coughing or sneezing. Worst pain I ever felt. Can't wait to relive it.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:53 AM   #47
j.fondler

Name: j.fondler
Title: Slow Learner
Member`s Gallery
Chances of successful repair the second time go down drastically. Listen to your doc, if he says rest for 8 weeks, rest for 10. It will pay off in the long run when you don't have to go under the knife again.

Also, if it becomes painful at rest or if it's not reducible(meaning it's not soft and can't be pressed down without pain) contact your doc. I could go into the why if you'd like, but trust me, keep an eye on it. Cheers
12 3500 - studZ, deleteZ, tuneZ

Old 06-27-2017, 02:41 PM   #48
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
I think I'm good on the right side where the big repair was. The doc brought out a sample piece of the mesh and let me have at it. Mine is 4" x 2" and runs from the left nugget up to just below my belt line.

Weird thing is this is the last thing I thought would ever get me down. I live a physically active life. This debacle has certainly done its part to slow that part of me down.

I'm gonna rest up a couple more days and then I have to make a run to Indiana for industrial shelving I bought. Sure gonna be wishing I had at lest 4-bag air ride on the K-100 instead of the old 4-spring.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:05 PM   #49
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
We are officially in the qualifier at UCC2018. We will do our best to bring some entertainment your way whether it be with diesel performance or not. .

I feel fortunate to have this opportunity.

The "Shop Truck" will be weapon for this competition.

Just as Bodacious was built with CompD help, so will the "Shop Truck".

The Plan:

1 - Stay healthy!!!!!
2 - First Gen all the way (I had a 48 Power Wagon bought, not sure what happened to those folks????? Met em at UCC, made the deal, sent $1,000 to secure, have not heard from them in over two months)
3 - Dana 60 and 80 for all portions of the competition. (Maybe?? lol) Does anyone see the need to put the weight on the chassis or just let the rears add the weight? We will be 3600lb for the MRA races with big 'ol heavy mud tires. If I leave the truck light for the drags, where in the heck am I gonna put 1400+ lbs safely if not in the diffs??
4 - Other than a couple brush pulls with my old '90 model, I have no pulling experience. We did, however, buy one sweet first gen pulling truck. We have 'Smokin Addiction' to model our pulling set-up after and I'm pretty sure I wore the pullers out on here asking questions. lol
5 - Don't know for sure if it will happen or not but mine will be street legal and I'd like to drive it through the gates just to prove that point before the competition begins. Hey, no biggy if I have to haul it in due to rules.
6 - Probably should have been second on the list. Must have fun and enjoy life while building truck. lol (I know it is a sad day when you have to remind yourself of this)

Old 08-07-2017, 05:43 AM   #50
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
Studying on things down in the shop late last night. I need to weigh 3600lbs to compete in the MRA Super Stock Class. This will have to be a single turbocharger set-up due to rules.

You will see us perform something here you wont find us doing to often. The UCC is requiring the truck weigh 5000lbs. So, 1400lbs must be added safely and effectively for the drag racing portion of UCC.

No doubt about it, if I don't show up with a triple set-up, I may as well stay home or become the "God of Nitrous Diesels" lol

So, we are going to run a big 'ol nasty Garrett (Thanks PDD) single in the MRA. PDD had two of these babies on their UCC2017 entry. Hey Todd or Will, if you are watching, what do I need for a manifold charger?? What I'm getting at is these turbos are heavy=adding weight and power instead of just weight. Plus all the plumbing, A/W intercoolers, and supporting hardware will also add weight.

Back to my adding a 60 and an 80 for the drag race portion. I might be able to do the 80 in the rear, but, I just can't bring myself to install that big 'ol heavy 60 in the front until I need it.

Just thinking out loud so if I make a mistake here, hopefully someone will chime in.

Old 08-30-2017, 04:37 AM   #51
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
I think maybe our internet service has a lot to do with it, but, I sat down yesterday evening to do this post and photobucket locked up my computer. I went back to my old standby that I am 'NOT' paying for, postimage.org and the computer runs fine. I actually paid photobucket for the add free service. No adds but it is still slow like it is displaying adds. Regardless, I feel I my money did nothing for me.

Anyhow, let me give it another 15 or 20 minute try before work. lol

Allow me introduce you to our entry into the UCC2018. the "Transformer Shop Truck"

Click the image to open in full size.

This is the preliminary stance for the MRA Super Stock class. Racing in the dirt/sand/mud is very similar to drag racing. Although I doubt this thing sees much mud with the $$$ parts in there. lol

In order to make sure I have the fastest flying brick, we are going to probably get 'er on down to the ground for her drag transformation. This will require an independent front end. I definitely want to keep a pulling front end in it for some no prep/flashlight drag stuff where traction is limited. I currently have an all aluminum front end from a ford v8 Moutaineer Explorer. I rode in a 500+ HP Toyota the other day that also has an all aluminum independent front diff. Remember, we will be treating the front like an all wheel drive by installing a slipping clutch on the output of the front drive.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #52
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
I've been studying up on independent front diffs.

This Dana 35 wont take much power. It would be fine in the sand. The CV's look up to the task and I'd like to get that 5 on 4.5 bolt circle. I love pro stars. lol

Pretty sure a Duramax front could take all I can throw at it????? It is all aluminum construction and a stout looking piece.

The Toyota front was all aluminum and pretty stout as well. Not quite as strong looking as the Duramax front. Would make a real good diff for say 3K lb or less.

I was thinking of a hybrid duramax center with the explorer outers.

Any comments or suggestions.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:04 AM   #53
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
Thought I would bump this up now that everyone is back to work. lol

Where is the CompD Pro's when I need your opinions???

Old 09-05-2017, 06:17 AM   #54
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
I bought this turbocharger off PDD. Will and Todd helped me with the cost. This is a Garrett/Honeywell GTX5533 Super Core, 98mm Inducer, and the Stainless V-band exhaust housing.

This turbo is 2.2lbs lighter because of the exhaust housing.

OK air experts. We need to push enough air volume to support 3000HP. PDD had two of these as atmospheric turbos on their UCC2017 truck. That Todd is slick when it comes to choosing turbos. I would like to add another one of these as well but I'm not sure it is necessary. Literature said it would support up to 2500HP on it's own.

I have about 3 Billet wheel S-480's now. Two are runnable and the third just needs a new compressor wheel. Would one of these work for the manifold charger?

Plans are to run this Garrett as a single on the street and MRA Transformation.

Please, give me your thoughts.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:25 AM   #55
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Member`s Gallery
I've seen a few super street trucks run a gt55 over 485/96/1.32. I think the guys name is Phillipf on here, seemed like a good guy and gave me some info I was looking for by pm on here.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:53 AM   #56
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Member`s Gallery
I have to ask: Why do so many of the competitors feel the need to make 2000hp+?

Figure out how to get 1500hp to the ground and figure out how to keep the front end down all while not turning your frame into a pretzel pulling and you will turn some heads.

North American Turbo

Old 09-05-2017, 09:01 AM   #57
Financial Mistake

Name: Financial Mistake
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfaylor View Post

Figure out how to get 1500hp to the ground and figure out how to keep the front end down all while not turning your frame into a pretzel pulling and you will turn some heads.

Agreed. I'd rather watch a truck do good in all three events, vs watching a truck dominate one thing and be a pos at everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
P24V, Billet 62/68/14, Billet 475/96/1.32, 27°, Seth's Stg 3 @ 450cc, dual feed, DFI 7x12, Fass240, 110#, 425, p&p/3 angle/oring, ED freeze plugs, BD IC, VP MAX boots, stainless mani, Snow w/m, coolant bypass, CTS2, EAS, POS NV4500, valair quiet dual ceramic

Old 09-05-2017, 09:40 AM   #58
j.fondler

Name: j.fondler
Title: Slow Learner
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Financial Mistake View Post
Agreed. I'd rather watch a truck do good in all three events, vs watching a truck dominate one thing and be a pos at everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this right here ^^^^

the trucks that finished like 2-7 last year were consistent in all 3 events but didn't win any of them.

1500 hp, 9.80 1/4, 280 ft pull. if you can do that, you'll "qualify" for next year and probably finish top 10 in the actual UCC.

and sure, everyone is out to win the damn thing, but no offense to you, Bodacious, but if a small shop like yours just finishes top 10, thats a win IMO.
12 3500 - studZ, deleteZ, tuneZ

Old 09-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #59
EnduringAtlas

Name: EnduringAtlas
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
How many lbs/min does that turbo flow?

Old 09-05-2017, 05:34 PM   #60
kleann

Name: kleann
Title: VP44 pwr
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Because most of the guys have unrealistic dreams. 1600-2000hp can easily put you in the top 3 if there is enough seat time with racing and it's proven to last more than a couple passes. 3000 hp with redonkulous turbos will get you a dyno queen at best if it plants to the rollers.

Closed Thread