S488's....

Be careful with the lower rpm torque you apply to a 12v block!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On my 972 pull peak power was at like 2800, that's why I only made one run. With the p-pump I'm hoping for more like 3500-4000....

No, I'm (gulp) thinking of going p-pump.....:gag:

I'd rather see ya park that baby and start another first gen. That baby has a lot of VE history and I think it is pretty much famous because of the VE. Who knows what the future holds for rotary ...I have heard rumors????

I'd rather see ya park that baby and start another first gen. That baby has a lot of VE history and I think it is pretty much famous because of the VE. Who knows what the future holds for rotary ...I have heard rumors????

Yeah I know, but nobody is going after the record and VE performance is a small market at best, so it's time to move on....

Last edited:
Ve pump records is like setting jv sports records in high school , They may be cool ,but at some point it's time move on to p-pump .

Last edited:
Yeah I know, but nobody is going after the record and VE performance is a small market at best, so it's time to move on....

i know of atleast one that is actively building to pursue that 972.

Ve pump records is like setting jv sports records in high school , They may be cool ,but at some point it's time move on to p-pump .

anyone can do a pee swap and make big power. no one's been able to do what jason has done. we're talking about the king of the VE here. it's like going from being the all-star in one sport, to riding the bench in another.

the VE is not JV and the Pee is not varsity. they're two totally different games.

Last edited:
i know of atleast one that is actively building to pursue that 972. Anyone can do a pee swap and make big power. no one's been able to do what jason has done. we're talking about the king of the VE here.

There's still some room there to make more power, tricks I didn't do....there's also a couple of things most haven't figured out yet. :Cheer: All in good fun! The decision to go with the p-pump has more to do that I want a good 900-1000 on fuel, and I don't think the ol rotary will get me there.

Why not use something with a better trim than the s488....?

Don't see why that'd be an issue, especially in a compound setup. Assuming we're talking about the sxe 88... Still, there are probably aftermarket options in the 84-85mm range better than that 88.

Well, looks like I'm downsizing....got a good deal on a Garrett GT4202 (76mm).....should work great as long as the VE is attatched :D

Well, looks like I'm downsizing....got a good deal on a Garrett GT4202 (76mm).....should work great as long as the VE is attatched :D

That looks like a much better match.I'd still possibly be worried about too much torque with the gt4202 pushing hard and early on.I'd imagine that it won't be far behind the 62mm especially with spray.

Might need to wastegate the gt4202 if using spray to make it last.

Tyler made 1100+ at sea level up in Oregon this last weekend...CR with a single 88 at 55psi. So about 70-80psi on a 12v should be the same amount of air :D

Back