04 ( 555 ) CR goes 974 HP on Diesel

Soup Nazi

The artist formerly known as Don M
Tim Barber got his 04 ( 555 engine ) to crank out a 974 HP run tonight on Diesel only. There is more. The run was about 75% complete when the turbo let go. We feel it truncated at least 55 HP, perhaps more of "what could have been" LOL

I will post a comparitive graph to the runs made 2 weeks ago that were 867 and you can judge for yourself how much was left in the truck before the failure. Since it popped on the first run, no tuning was accomplished. Just a quick shake down run to get it warmed up.

The runs were made uncorrected on a standard 248C DynoJet at sea level, but it was hot today.

When the turbo blew up it shredded the downpipe. One large piece actually sheared a bell housing bolt off and some stuck into the expanded metal ramps on the dyno.
alarm.gif

The Smarty used was not the REVO. That was coming on the next runs. It was the TNT/R.

Still to come: TST cranked a bit, better turbo, bigger stix, and some presssure. Looking for 1100 on Diesel

Attachments

• tim974.jpg
    tim974.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 108
Nice, Nathan called me right after and told me what happened, i felt bad for Tim and Nathan, but that still gives me a shot late next week, woohoo.

its gonna get real nutty quick

That's an awesome number. Way to go Tim and all of you guys involved. To bad the turbo let go.

Looks like I'm behind before i even get started... LOL

congrats on the numbers tim and don... too bad on the charger though...

what charger was he running??

Tim, Congrats on the huge HORSE POWER number, 1K not far out of reach. Hope to see at OBX. Thanks Steve B.

Tim blew up 3 88mm S400's. There were some machined parts that weren't machined correctly. This one is similar to a GT55 just different :). It appears to have been a hairline crack in the turbine shaft from the factory. It had a dark section where it broke that appears to have been oil seeping into it prior to breaking. Almost as if it was stained.

Tim blew up 3 88mm S400's. There were some machined parts that weren't machined correctly. This one is similar to a GT55 just different :). It appears to have been a hairline crack in the turbine shaft from the factory. It had a dark section where it broke that appears to have been oil seeping into it prior to breaking. Almost as if it was stained.

From What I heard the 92mm charger that Tim gernaded was only at 26psi or so when it let loose. I would definatly say a alloy casting problem. Imagine if that thing was cranking out 50psi.:charger: Thats crazy 1100hp on fuel with a stock bottom end. Sure as heck no other engines that can do that.

Back