early 07 ?

gwhammy

I've been herding dodges down the road for about 8 years now and I'm looking to switch. I found a early 07 which is the same body style as the 06. Does this have the same running gear and emission package as the 06. It has a standard tailpipe not the cone shaped one.
I know nothing about duramaxes except some guys I know have had great luck with the 04's and 05's around here. Is there any problems that pop up such as fuel delivery or drivetrain problems?
I've been threw years of transmission and vp problems not to mention the terrible wander they have.
What horsepower should this truck be? Does a small performance box help them quite a bit? Any help is appreciated!

I've been herding dodges down the road for about 8 years now and I'm looking to switch. I found a early 07 which is the same body style as the 06. Does this have the same running gear and emission package as the 06. It has a standard tailpipe not the cone shaped one.
I know nothing about duramaxes except some guys I know have had great luck with the 04's and 05's around here. Is there any problems that pop up such as fuel delivery or drivetrain problems?
I've been threw years of transmission and vp problems not to mention the terrible wander they have.
What horsepower should this truck be? Does a small performance box help them quite a bit? Any help is appreciated!

the early 07 is the lbz just like the 06 nothing changed. In the middle of 07 they went to the lmm which has the dpf. if u go with a big programmer u need to shim the rail and get a trans and converter you can go over 500hp with the lbz.

Did they make more than one horsepower rated motor in this trucks? What gear ratio do these come with and which is best? I'm just looking for a dependable truck that can handle a gooseneck from time to time. I ussually gross up to 25,000 with the dodges and they handle it with ease. I have rode in a 06 and was real impressed with the way it pulled a load.

No, I passed on that truck. It was a really good buy till I went back to try it out and the dealer went up 4000 over what he told me the day before. I just walked away, won't deal with someone that does that. I have settled on a 06 or 07 when I do buy one in the next month or so.

No, I passed on that truck. It was a really good buy till I went back to try it out and the dealer went up 4000 over what he told me the day before. I just walked away, won't deal with someone that does that. I have settled on a 06 or 07 when I do buy one in the next month or so.

Let us know when you get one and post some pics.:Cheer:

Back