Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Diesel Pros
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:56 AM   #1
2007 5.9

Name: 2007 5.9
Title: West Coast Dyno Modifier
Member`s Gallery
Spec of differnt cams...

I am looking at getting a Diesel Pro "108" cam installed in the next couple of weeks, and was wondering the specs on the cam and who to contact for further conversations about it.

Thanks
Les
silverbullettuning@gmail.com
www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Old 09-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
explosives87

Name: explosives87
Title: powder monkey
Member`s Gallery
also looking into a cam from diesel pros.

Quote of the Day:

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

Old 09-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
MMAguy

Name: MMAguy
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
I doubt he will give you the specs...Great guy though, spoke to him at lenghs on the phone and decided to order a 108 myself. The guys at brown's saw it and ordered a couple for their trucks and for a customer. I've talked to many guys that have swapped over to his cams and the proof is in the drivers and their trucks. No one I have talked to would have any other cam now. I will update as soon as my truck is done. I had trouble spooling and cleaning up 240 hp injectors with another companies cam, using a 64mm over a S480 twins. I talked to another guy here that has an almost identical setup, he swapped in the 108 and said it spools his 64mm so fast that he wants to swap out to a 66mm on top...

Old 09-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
2007 5.9

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAguy View Post
I doubt he will give you the specs...Great guy though, spoke to him at lenghs on the phone and decided to order a 108 myself. The guys at brown's saw it and ordered a couple for their trucks and for a customer. I've talked to many guys that have swapped over to his cams and the proof is in the drivers and their trucks. No one I have talked to would have any other cam now. I will update as soon as my truck is done. I had trouble spooling and cleaning up 240 hp injectors with another companies cam, using a 64mm over a S480 twins. I talked to another guy here that has an almost identical setup, he swapped in the 108 and said it spools his 64mm so fast that he wants to swap out to a 66mm on top...
I thin you posted to me on CF, and I am anxious to hear your results.

I know one of the guys who is getting a 108 from the Browns.

Ive got a 64mm charger with a ultra tight converter, so i dont want to R&R the converter so I am doing a cam to help aleviate some of the lag from no RPM's from the converter.
www.youtube.com/ljszmidt

Old 09-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
MMAguy

Name: MMAguy
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
I thin you posted to me on CF, and I am anxious to hear your results.

I know one of the guys who is getting a 108 from the Browns.

Ive got a 64mm charger with a ultra tight converter, so i dont want to R&R the converter so I am doing a cam to help aleviate some of the lag from no RPM's from the converter.
Which converter did ya go with? I need to check the stall on mine, I'm drawing a blank right now....Pretty sure the top turbo is a 64/13/71 so the smaller housing helps it spools slightly faster but it keeps the drive pressure up. That's something I'll need to watch once the new cam is in

Old 09-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
2007 5.9

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAguy View Post
Which converter did ya go with? I need to check the stall on mine, I'm drawing a blank right now....Pretty sure the top turbo is a 64/13/71 so the smaller housing helps it spools slightly faster but it keeps the drive pressure up. That's something I'll need to watch once the new cam is in
I went with a Spec-Rite converter, with a lower than stock stall...around 14-1500rpm's.

Love it, but with a decent sized charger at high elevation....sucks. So I am looking into a cam to somewhat help spooling everywhere.

I have heard from a local guy who just put in a cam in his 12v DD and he says that overall boost is down 2-4psi, but that DP is slightly higher...something to for sure watch for.

As of right now I can still tune my DP ratio very well so curious to see if I can still control it with a new cam.
www.youtube.com/ljszmidt

Closed Thread