Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Shop Talk - Tool and Shop Discussion!
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shop Talk - Tool and Shop Discussion! Tool and Shop Discussion!

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 10:01 AM   #1
diesel_importer

Name: diesel_importer
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Shipping Torque Converters

Anyone have a secret to shipping TC for a decent price. UPS wants $75 to ship one back to Suncoast. That's with a small discount we get.

Old 11-21-2019, 10:06 AM   #2
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
Just a core?
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 11-21-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
Phooker

Name: Phooker
Title: Gluten Free
Member`s Gallery
Call Suncoast. Have them send you a label and the shipping removed from the core refund.

Old 11-21-2019, 10:16 AM   #4
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
I look at it like this. How much would it cost you to deliver the converter yourself? 75.00 may not look so bad when you look at it that way.

Old 11-21-2019, 10:58 AM   #5
bracker8040

Name: bracker8040
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedge View Post
I look at it like this. How much would it cost you to deliver the converter yourself? 75.00 may not look so bad when you look at it that way.
This ^^^^

Old 11-21-2019, 01:30 PM   #6
diesel_importer

Member`s Gallery
Yea, I understand it would cost more to drive there and deliver. I also understand there are people that know way more than me about shipping and might have a better way to save some money. One thing I like about buying BD Diesel products is they pay for core return shipping.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #7
diesel_importer

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooker View Post
Call Suncoast. Have them send you a label and the shipping removed from the core refund.
I'm inquiring about this right now. I use Premier Perf. for buying Suncoast, so they may be able to help. Thanks!

Old 11-21-2019, 02:04 PM   #8
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Well...there is one trick you can use. Its not super ethical but I did it in college a few times selling things on ebay. If you have a UPS account you can create a return shipment. Make sure you use their address on both fields (shipper and receiver). Sometimes they catch it and sometimes they do not but if they do not it is typically significantly cheaper. $75 is about right given the weight and distance, though. It may not even work these days but if youre desperate there you go.

North American Turbo

Old 11-21-2019, 03:14 PM   #9
YoungGun

Name: YoungGun
Title: Floating in Nebraska
Member`s Gallery
Use the code EASY in the promo code discount section

Old 11-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #10
diesel_importer

Member`s Gallery
Yea, we use EASY promo code and it's a decent little discount. I got some help from my distributor and knocked off about $25-30.

Old 11-22-2019, 09:05 PM   #11
PRINCETON_JAKE

Name: PRINCETON_JAKE
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I drove an 8 hour trip to Goerends, but I brought them 5 converters, 2 valve bodies, and a box of stuff, and picked up more. So it saved me a ton. Plus I took a mini van and got good mileage lol

Old 11-23-2019, 05:49 AM   #12
TheBac

Name: TheBac
Title: UPS guy
Member`s Gallery
Geezus, are we really that high now? How much does a converter typically weigh? Prices ramp up very quickly once you hit 70lbs. I shipped a transfer case from MI to TX a few years ago and it was maybe $120, and we dont get **** for a discount.
Make sure the converter is drained as well as you can, cap the snout securely, and make sure its packed properly. Arrows alone wont stop someone along the line from turning the box upside down, so keep that in mind.

Quote:
I tell people that very thing all the time. But then, people will complain about stamps costing $.50 now, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfaylor View Post
Well...there is one trick you can use. Its not super ethical but I did it in college a few times selling things on ebay. If you have a UPS account you can create a return shipment. Make sure you use their address on both fields (shipper and receiver). Sometimes they catch it and sometimes they do not but if they do not it is typically significantly cheaper. $75 is about right given the weight and distance, though. It may not even work these days but if youre desperate there you go.
Dont even get me started on this. ^^^ Mortgage companies and insurance agencies are the worst about it. Yes, we do catch most of them nowadays, as the system compares the tracking numbers when picked up and delivered.

2017 Buick Regal 2.0T -- the DD

Old 12-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #13
SPEEDSHIFT

Name: SPEEDSHIFT
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_importer View Post
Anyone have a secret to shipping TC for a decent price. UPS wants $75 to ship one back to Suncoast. That's with a small discount we get.
Just wait until January if you can, shipping anything is going to be expensive around the holidays. Its usually about 50-$60 to ship a converter through UPS and I just make the label online with no discount.
2013 3500 4x4 Aisin Dually Tow Rig

Tenacity Tuning, Longs Machine Shop, BD Diesel Performance

Closed Thread