stretching the rules

mech2161

I have a secret.
Rick, I've had a few calls over the last few days to get my take on some of the rules. The two that seem to be in question are hitches and p-pumps. While I have my opinion I thought it might be best to let you know about this and make the call.

The hitch that seemed to ruffle some feathers appeared to be attached in front of the rear axle. I have no first hand knowledge of the truck in question. Apparently this truck was allowed to pull in the 2.6 class.

The pump issue doesn't involve a "single" truck. I guess there are people saying that there are trucks running Ag pumps. I know that without someone knowing what to look for it could be over looked or not looked for at all.

It's tough enough to be competitive without spending $20k+. One person said they wouldn't finish their truck if they needed these to run with FPP.

Hitch: The hitch must be a receiver-style hitch; reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements must not extend forward of the centerline of the rear axle. Trick hitches are prohibited. The hooking point must be the rear-most point on the vehicle

and must be rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. The hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions. Bumpers may be notched or removed. The hitch’s height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches on 4wd units and 30 inches on 2wd units. The hooking point must have a minimum 3.750-inch inside diameter opening for the sled hook. The hooking point will be measured to the center of the clevis loop.

Fuel Injection Pump: The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine make-specific pump only. Dual high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps or HPOPs are permitted. The P7100 injection pump, if equipped, must utilize a stock-appearing governor.

I know the hitch in question, the hitch fits the rules as writen, i questioned it at first myself but after looking harder at last pull, its 100% good, its just different, As for ag govs, i dont know, I wouldnt know one if i seen one..... i know we were teched hard last pull, turbo pluged, weights measued and so on!

I don't know what truck or trucks are in question. I took two calls just today.
So the hitch doesn't attach in front of the rear axle?

which truck? as for the weight measurement...two guys holding a string up then laying it on the ground and measuring? i actually pointed and laughed. maybe use a drywall square (longer)??? or a level??

Rick, I've had a few calls over the last few days to get my take on some of the rules. The two that seem to be in question are hitches and p-pumps. While I have my opinion I thought it might be best to let you know about this and make the call.

The hitch that seemed to ruffle some feathers appeared to be attached in front of the rear axle. I have no first hand knowledge of the truck in question. Apparently this truck was allowed to pull in the 2.6 class.

The pump issue doesn't involve a "single" truck. I guess there are people saying that there are trucks running Ag pumps. I know that without someone knowing what to look for it could be over looked or not looked for at all.

It's tough enough to be competitive without spending $20k+. One person said they wouldn't finish their truck if they needed these to run with FPP.

Hitch: The hitch must be a receiver-style hitch; reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements must not extend forward of the centerline of the rear axle. Trick hitches are prohibited. The hooking point must be the rear-most point on the vehicle

and must be rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. The hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions. Bumpers may be notched or removed. The hitch’s height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches on 4wd units and 30 inches on 2wd units. The hooking point must have a minimum 3.750-inch inside diameter opening for the sled hook. The hooking point will be measured to the center of the clevis loop.

Fuel Injection Pump: The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine make-specific pump only. Dual high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps or HPOPs are permitted. The P7100 injection pump, if equipped, must utilize a stock-appearing governor.

Who in their right mind would call YOU to get a straight forward opinion on a rule???

And why are you nosing into this if you don't even pull with this organization, or even come close to competing??

Rules came right from their site.

Well see the problem is full pull has no idea what the rules are and they never updated there rull book from lastyear. Its been made pretty clear to me all they want is a good show for the crowd. So its pretty much fare game as long as you can pass a PA. inspection. Bring on the :nos:

Back