How much did it cost you?

Just curious how much different places are charging you guys to do this or how much in parts.

also state what kind of set up you have ( cam drivin lift Pump or elect) etc. etc.

Thanks

I'm assuming you mean coverting a 24v to a mechanical pump?

I think most people do it themselves. I'm also curious on the cost of this since all I've heard since I got my 24v was to p pump it.

Mine cost 4K but I bought a whole engine and a cam.
If you already have a FASS the you really just need a timing cover, lines, pump gear, and a pump.

I would guess if you do it yourself it can be done for $1500 or less if you find some deals on parts

It's not all that expensive if you do it yourself and you go on a scavenger hunt for parts you'll need. As far as having a shop do this for you I can't say but most respectable shops charge 80-90 bucks an hour for labor. Scheid makes a kit you can buy with everything you need except a pump to do the conversion , I'm not sure on the price but it's on they're web site. The two most expensive parts are the pump and lines everything else can be had if you buy used stuff for under a 100 bucks per item easily. And I use a electric lift pump fass 180gph @ 55psi.

Also, if you have an '01 and would like to retain the stock tach. Otherwise you can make dash blanks from steel or aluminum to house aftermarket gauges.

-Tom

so far im at-

$600 for 180 pump
~$1000 to have it tuned

$125 timing case
$75 pump gear

planning on-
$400 lines
$200 FASS update to 50psi pump
$300 misc items

so about $2700

now subtract the parts ill sell (being conservative)-

$800 redline
$400 smarty
$250 TPS
$400 vp44
$1850- total

and im at $850 or so for my swap.

I got 1600$ in mine I sold my VP for 900$ 6 monthe warrenty left smarty for 450$ ADR for 425$ lines for 200$

Mine was free....ish. bought the truck already done. i guess i lucked out. Guy realy didnt know what he had. He just lost 2 VP's in a short amount of time and was tired of it. Too bad the pump was set up for a stock turbo, now i got to tune it for a 2.8 charger!

so far im at-

$600 for 180 pump
~$1000 to have it tuned

$125 timing case
$75 pump gear

planning on-
$400 lines
$200 FASS update to 50psi pump
$300 misc items

so about $2700

now subtract the parts ill sell (being conservative)-

$800 redline
$400 smarty
$250 TPS
$400 vp44
$1850- total

and im at $850 or so for my swap.

TJ, I take it your going to do the swap after the season is over? I'll buy your Redline for $800 as soon as the season is over if your interested :D

Back