any one put a greascar kit or similar wvo 2 tank system?

jaybuller

USCG MK
i been looking into ways to save on fuel bills in my 97 12v. I looked into biodiesel making and then came across wvo systems, the biodiesel kits are a lot more money and a lot more time and work involved, the greascar kit i seen is around 1500 dollars, comes with a tank, heater, lines, switches, valves, and a nother preheater right before it goes into the ip. It starts and stops on #2 diesel and then you switch it over to the wvo tank after its warmed up. Any one had any luck with these. I would like to hear good and bad please. It just seems like a better way to go, all id need to do is filter and "boil" the water out of the wvo and put it strait into the tank in the bed and roll bringing my fuel costs down to almost free once its paid for itself in savings. i figured i could find wvo from all the local resterants.

Friend ran one, worked well. I don't even think he boiled the water out of it. Just filtered it before he put it in the tank.

I've seen quite a few vehicle with ruined fuel systems, some were running the greasecar kit and some had homemade kits...6.5LGM, 12vCummins, 6.6LDuramax, Mercedes diesel car and a Jeep Liberty diesel, every one took a complete new fuel system...glycerin plays awesome havoc on any fuel system.
I have a few friends that make and run bio-diesel, I've even ran some in my vehicles and it worked great...it has no glycerin.

Last edited:
so bio is the safer way to go for sure then? How bout the cost of making it... I went to just about every food resterant that deep fries there food around here and theve all got contracts for there waste grease! wth, so i think it miht be out of the question to get free oil around this area. But is there places you can buy waste oil from for like i dont know 1 dollar a gallon or so? anything is better than the 3 dollars a gallon im payin.

In my area it's just as hard to get waste fryer oil. It all started back when fuel prices went through the roof.

veggiestroke is a good kit, buddy of mine runs it on his excursion, he has over 30 thousand miles on the truck since the kit went on, and it is a simple automatci as you can get setup, he even ran the truck at the track running on grease without a problem.

The duramax that I posted about earlier ran 70k on grease until problems started to show up...

The truck I am referring to is a 24V VP truck. I would suspect he has 50K plus on it, and been doing it for 4 years or so. I would be very careful of doing it on a CR injection system.

If you look at it like the guy that owned the duramax you'll be just fine, he figure out the money he saved running grease and figured he was still $$$ ahead, but for some reason I had to listen to him biotch about the repair bill. LOL

I run a Vegistroke system, been running for two years now. It paid for it's self the first year, it was $3000 and I installed it, I read to many stories of guys building their own system and getting stranded somewhere.

I have a homegrown system similar to Vegistroke. You fuel system will last as long as the quality of fuel you put in it - regardless if that fuel is bio, SVO, or regular ol #2... I would highly recommend the Vegistroke (dinofuelalternatives.com) kit as it is by far the easiest and best engineered kit on the market.

Sam

Back