12v Valve Spring Tool

In other news while testing the tool out I found out that most of my 60 lb springs have shrunk over 2mm in one season of pulling (10 hooks 5,000 miles).

Yep just did mine, I may use one size smaller stud (but go with an ARP instead of grade 8) so we can get a little more steel around it. It gets very narrow between the springs.

Looks good, I'm surprised no one tackled this one yet. Not to critique your design but I would close the ends of the tool...:Cheer:

if the price is right, i will get one to throw in the tool box for the once and a blue moon job and for conversation sake

Just got back from the machine shop, I'm going to have 10 made for now. He said he'll have them done towards the end of next week if all goes as planned.

Still waiting on a couple factors before we name a price. My machinist gave me a good estimate for them so it's really on packaging now. I'd really like to ship them in some sort of case, there's some loose bolts, washers and nuts that I don't want everyone to loose after the second use lol.

Someone else has been making a similar one for a while for around $40

Last edited:
Back