63/68/.88 vs 68/73/.83

450rbronco

can you tell me the differences in these two turbo sizes . i know everyone has been gobbling up the 63/68/14 and thats what i planned on running with whats in my sig. but other night i was talking with a guy and he reccomended the 63/73/.83 turbo setup said that it was better. cant seem to find any info on this "custom" turbo didnt know if you could tell me pros and cons

One will spool slightly faster than the other.....the bigger turbine will make power at a different rpm range...

The same amount of air is going to come out of them both, one will accept more fuel, the smaller one will tow better

Travis, how do you plan to use the truck? What future mods are you planning? Im responding from my phone, might be easier to text me your responses. 616-608-2977. Chris

i plan to use the truck mainly for daily driving and play . the only time i really tow is just a single car trailer with my eraly bronco on it through the pa hills.
i was also considerign the super b sepcial because of the extended tip on the compressor i am told it will spool like a smaller turbo. figured with the special i would have room to grow. but as for the 63s wasnt sure what the pros and cons of each would be. as for mods prolly an arson iii kit a 2nd gen manifold and not really planning on injectors but if i do either a 50 70 or maybe 90 .

Back