01 hard start

superdutypowerd

This truck came in to work a while back originally for a trans swap. I just started this job and to my understanding the truck has been sitting for awhile waiting for the customer to produce a trans. Long story short I get that swapped and I try to start it for a test drive. Nothing, I cranked on this truck for 3 hours before it showed any sign of life. Now it starts only if it's plugged in and idles a little rough, very hesitant when you apply fuel, moving or not. Customer said fix it so I did some digging to find the issue. 3 injectors "fail" the buzz test but resistance checks out, and all fire when computer prompts, IDM also checks good. Has new injector harnesses, glow plugs, and ICP pump. All new filters, no known fuel leaks, ICP pressure capable of 2400 when cranking. Glow plugs fire, still will not start when cold, acts like its losing fuel prime. My foreman has me throwing parts at it now which I think is stupid and a waste of resources, what other possibilities is there? I suspected injector o-rings but foreman won't let me investigate, says it's unlikely. Truck throws code P1213(may have that backwards) for ICP pressure above/below desired, but only when you apply WOT(parked) or make it pull a little such as cruising up a slight grade or simple acceleration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back