springs

inline6359

Microwaving cats since 01
it has come time to change the rear springs in my truck, i have never done this before. What will i need? springs, ubolts, and what else? i am trying to order them but they want me to tell them what i need and i really have no idea.

Also i was wondering if someplace makes springs that may be a little stronger then the stock ones and if i could also get some to drop my ass end 2". I know you can get drop springs but i cannot seem to find them for my truck. I also know my buddies have 1.5 ton springs in their 350's, what did they do, just get them off of a 550, because i cannot find anything more HD then what stock was.

Thanks

Rick

Does your truck have overloads, if so how many leafs? depending on your climate and truck condition you will probably need a torch to cut off all hardware, this means shackle bolts and u-bolts. Shackle bolts are pretty special so be shure to have the correct ones to put your springs back with.

Get the number of a spring shop.. They can custom build whatever you want.. Length, how much lift you want or how much lower you want it. They can find out the rate of your springs and build them according to that. Last time I asked a spring place they quoted me around 225 for the pair.

thanks guys. I noticed tonight my truck seems to not like bumps well, it kind of bounces when it hits them and drives me nuts. Could this have something to do with the spring being worn out or just the fact it is a 1 ton dually? I would like a nice ride but i do tow heavy during the summer. I was thinking of 2500 spring then adding airbags later.

Back