Replacement Bulbs

cerickson

fullpull108
I purchased new headlights for the wife's 06 megacab. I am now searching for a good replacement bulb. What are you guys running? I am not really wanting to go the HID route. Just looking for a good bulb that will be brighter than what is in the truck now. As far as I know they are stock bulbs. Was looking at some Sylvania at O'reilly's but not sure on them. Also saw some PIAA somewhere on the net. Just want some input from you guys on what is a good bulb. Thanks in advance for the help.

Another question, if I change the headlights should I change the fog lights? And I know crap about them big numbers on the lights. Is the higher the number the more blue the light will be? I am just wanting some like super white lights.

I had terrible keeping silver stars in my 2nd gen a few years back. They may have improved by now

Monkey Fist Rage

i just pulled my 6k HID's lastnight and put some silverstars in...other than the light not being as "white" i have no visabilty difference.

Phillips Ultra Crystal Vision gets my vote. Got them in my pickup, and just put a set in the girlfriends Cavalier and by far better than the Sylvania bulbs and a lot cheaper. Got them at a local Car Quest for $35 vs $50 or so for the Sylvania's.

Edit: I believe they are a 4000k Halogen bulb. Good, Solid white, bright light.

Last edited:
Back