D70 Lock Right opinions

cbtoyz

Vaginatarian
My 12 valve has an open rear diff. Like many of us, I am not made of money, so I am looking for an economical locker to resolve this problem. I am building this truck to be a race truck, but I need to be able to drive it short distances. I am wondering if you guys have any experience with the Lock Right locker. Will it hold up in a 2wd truck with slicks that weighs in at around 5300 lbs? I am guessing the truck is only putting out around 550hp right now, but obviously I will be constantly trying to improve that as well. What are your thoughts? Is there any other options out there besides welding her up?

A factory power loc works well if you take it a part and restack the clutches! The factory doesnt always stack the clutches fiber steel fiber steel... the way they should be!

I'll know in a few weeks how a Ford 10.25" works with a Lock-Right and ~350 RWHP in a crew cab dually! I've been running it for about 3 years (and about 250 dragstrip passes) with 246 RWHP, so far so good. They warned me when I bought it that it was a bit harsh on lockup, but it is fine for the street as long as you are aware of that (i.e., be ready to slide sideways if you hammer the throttle going around a turn).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

4400# 2wd should be in the 750-800hp range. tracks not open yet but so far the lockright has held, did break a axle shaft tho. riding on 31" drag radials. a sticky track and hard launch will be the test this year.

Sweet, I just ordered one. I really don't care much about harsh lockups, this is going to be mostly be a trailer queen, it'll still be better to drive than a full spool. I just want equal traction off the line so I will launch straight, but be able to drive it between my house and the shop if needed.

Last edited:
If its a trailer queen why not weld it up? On a different note I very interested on how this works as Ive been debating doing this my self.

There are no clutches.

I thought about welding her up, but It's 32 splined and I think I would break the axle on the return road, Or running in between the shop and my house.

I think the no slip engages a bit smoother which may help to save axles. I'm going to put one in the front of my rear. The no slip is reported to be stronger as well but can't say for certain if that's true or not.

Back