Any one up for a pre nadm test and tune at hmp?

SCHOOL BUS

DLRA T-O
I kinda want to make it to a track before the dallas race, me and dad might go out to hmp either the last Friday this month or the first one in October. Anyone interested?

Just got off the phone with Max and we are planning to go back to HRP this Friday. Come play with us. Bring lots of :nos:
We are going to go him some test runs to get him comfortable with the new truck. I will make some runs "if" I figure out whats wrong with mine.

Michael
HotRodDiesels & Crew

I wish I could make it Michael but imout of town trying to make some money so I can knock a few more tenths off

I wish I could make it Michael but imout of town trying to make some money so I can knock a few more tenths off

LOL! Weather does not look promising. We are running Lil Red next weekend for sure. Currently redoing braking system to hold more boost, odds and ends and changing out gear ratio. Kinda glad we did not go this Friday Cause the truck will be totally different on the track after next week.

Looks like I have overdrive fixed. The switch died. Funny how a $3.00 part can ruin your night.
Going to HoustonRaceWayPark this Friday night.

Michael
HotRodDiesels

Mike, been doing some adjustments on Lil Red for Max. I have replaced the master cylinder that originally setup for drum rear to one that is setup for four wheel disc, and replaced the 3/16 brake line to the rear with some bigger 1/4 line to carry the increased pressure with lower drop. I can get the truck to hold 15-18psi on cold tires instead of the 7-8 at the track it used to. If the weather holds up Friday Max will have the truck there testing for the Dallas race and trying out the new MPH activated lockup switch I am in the process wiring in.

Sledpuller: Sleddys definition of Test and Tune:
A fancy name for practice breaking parts.

Lets hope not or you won't be seeing us in Dallas.:doh:

We are going to try and make it out to Baytown tonight if the weather permits. Anyone else?

We are going to try and make it out to Baytown tonight if the weather permits. Anyone else?

I'm going to be swinging by Hot Rod Diesels before I headout to the Track. The Weather does look like it is Cooperating for now......

Well Friday went good. Got in 4 passes 2 on motor to get use to her and two on nitrous. Still need more brake work wont hold 20 PSI but it will hold 15 now. Tach was out of commission " using the force " to shift. Will be taking it out again this Friday with Mike's truck to try to make a 10 second pass.

Well Friday went good. Got in 4 passes 2 on motor to get use to her and two on nitrous. Still need more brake work wont hold 20 PSI but it will hold 15 now. Tach was out of commission " using the force " to shift. Will be taking it out again this Friday with Mike's truck to try to make a 10 second pass.

Looked good Friday night. I posted a thread with this, but for those that did not see it.

YouTube - Test/Tune Diesel Drag Racing Fun

where is your thread at?

Wow that clip shows really how bad my light was. I had 20 pounds of boost, edged up, then starting spinning, so I let off the boost and then it went down hill form there as the light was rolling. But 11:17 is not too shabby.

Last edited:
Vmax: You did great on your first time out. 11.17 is very good, a little more nitrous and you will break the 10's. Plus the air is going to be getting much better soon.
Looking forward to this Friday, it's going to be the last test before Crandall.
So we are going to throw a little more fuel at mine and see how it works out.

HotRodDiesels & Crew
Michael

Back