4-Link and Air Ride

Great work! I've been thinking of doing something similar on my daily for some time now. Did I miss it or are you thinking about adding a rear sway bar sometime? I would think that would be helpful.

Tate is working 12's currently. I am sure he will elaborate on a day off, but in short, just like the whole build: "overkill / because he could".

13's, actually.

Well IMO that's the beautiful thing about air ride, you don't have to ever mess with it. Rides the exact same height loaded or empty. Just been my experience anything electronic used under a truck is a headache. Not taking away from this build at all, looks great just curious.

I was originally gonna go with hendrickson valves on it. But other than preset height and full dump, there is no adjustability. When I put it in loading position for the side-by-side, the rear dumps, but the front goes up about 6 inches, which helps the tailgate go down further. I also plan to do a couple highway trips at normal truck height vs. a lowered to see if there is any mileage difference. I know it'll never pay anything back in fuel savings, but this truck is well past any point of being financially efficient. And its one more thing to play with.

I plan on doing a bagged 2wd in the future, and had planned on using this kit. This just let me check it out a bit sooner.

Great work! I've been thinking of doing something similar on my daily for some time now. Did I miss it or are you thinking about adding a rear sway bar sometime? I would think that would be helpful.

The thought has crossed my mind, as there is one spot in the highway coming out of a coulee that it feels tippy. But not any real worse than it was on leafs without the sway bar. I'll give it more time and I may decide to put one on. Maybe find one out of a 4th gen half ton as they are mounted behind the axle and seem wider than the factory 2nd gen stuff, that will definitely interfere with the links or diff. Or I'll look into the aftermarket ones with adjustable arms and I can mount that into the frame with the sway bar links coming down the the axle or axle links.

Last edited:
You might be able to smooth out the action of the bags a little with ping tanks.
Nice fab work!

Ping tanks are usually used in smaller bags to help soften them a bit. My bags are all about 500 cubic inch each at 12-13" ride height. They'd be more suited to short sleeves or convoluted bags.

Back