Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > NHRDA
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

NHRDA Get info on NHRDA events and results here

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 03:08 PM   #1
SPEEDSHIFT

Name: SPEEDSHIFT
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Faster index for 2019?

Now that this season has come to a close for the NHRDA, can we talk about a faster index class? 10.50 anyone? Maybe even a 10.0 class?

I know we have two trucks moving up to 10.90 next year, I moved up this year just kinda at the point where its hard to slow the truck down for 10.90 but dont want to take the huge jump to Super Street.

What would it take to make this happen?
2013 3500 4x4 Aisin Dually Tow Rig

Tenacity Tuning, Longs Machine Shop, BD Diesel Performance

Old 10-24-2018, 03:39 PM   #2
Subman631

Name: Subman631
Member`s Gallery
There are hardly any trucks showing up now in the classes they have, why would you want to water it down even more?

Old 10-24-2018, 03:54 PM   #3
SPEEDSHIFT

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subman631 View Post
There are hardly any trucks showing up now in the classes they have, why would you want to water it down even more?
Im sure that varies by location, in Texas we have seen the class grow, and will be larger next year. At the Diesel Thunder race we had almost twenty 6.70 trucks, nearly as many as the 7.70 class.

Just in our group we will have five 10.90 trucks next year. We do plan on making more races as well.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:56 AM   #4
SPEEDSHIFT

Member`s Gallery
Randy emailed me yesterday, they are not interested in changing the class until they get more 10.90 trucks at every race.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:01 PM   #5
khaoskustoms

Name: khaoskustoms
Member`s Gallery
I still think super street should be 9.90 index and pro street 8.90 index. Bring back 1/4 mile racing!

Old 10-25-2018, 02:51 PM   #6
97rada

Name: 97rada
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoskustoms View Post
I still think super street should be 9.90 index and pro street 8.90 index. Bring back 1/4 mile racing!

That slows those classes down more then a whole second? That sounds like watching paint dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 10-25-2018, 06:28 PM   #7
RHP997

Name: RHP997
Title: part-time
Member`s Gallery
Pro street is already capped @ 5.0 or 7.99 anyways super street is probably still maxed at 8.50. Might as well follow the safety cut offs and do 10.0 and 11.50. But that's all been mentioned before

Old 10-26-2018, 10:18 AM   #8
khaoskustoms

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97rada View Post
That slows those classes down more then a whole second? That sounds like watching paint dry

I'd rather watch a full field of 8.90 trucks and 9.90 trucks compete running the 1/4 mile then 5 or 6 current pro street or super street trucks getting bye runs and running solo finals. You want to go faster then 8.50 where most cage certs are then it might be time to move your program into a dedicated race car. NHRDA has the pro stock class just for that.

The benefits of index racing over heads up in a sport with low competitor count is huge. You'll be able to have a more diverse field of lighter vehicles still going fast. The cost of building and maintaining an index racer can be considerably cheaper. They can be more reliable as well which is better for the racer, the race track, the spectators and the promoter. It's a win win scenario in my mind.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:28 AM   #9
97rada

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I'd rather watch a full field of 8.90 trucks and 9.90 trucks compete running the 1/4 mile then 5 or 6 current pro street or super street trucks getting bye runs and running solo finals. You want to go faster then 8.50 where most cage certs are then it might be time to move your program into a dedicated race car. NHRDA has the pro stock class just for that.

The benefits of index racing over heads up in a sport with low competitor count is huge. You'll be able to have a more diverse field of lighter vehicles still going fast. The cost of building and maintaining an index racer can be considerably cheaper. They can be more reliable as well which is better for the racer, the race track, the spectators and the promoter. It's a win win scenario in my mind.

There are better organizations out there already running better classes.
ODSS
Top dragster
Pro mod
Pro street
5.90 index ( what I race and it’s affordable)
And ET
you run those classes and get numbers up and see how the org does. Handicapping the once’s you do have showing up seems like a poor decision.
Also because of the truck counts I will never drive across the country for NHRDA

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:05 AM   #10
BluegrassDiesel

Name: BluegrassDiesel
Title: UK2K!
Member`s Gallery
Just a toothless sled puller opinion... but instead of an ET class I think a turbo limited fuel only class would be fun to watch.

SHOP ONLINE @ http://WWW.SHOPBLUEGRASS.COM

97 DodgePPL Limited Pro Stock "The Crippler"
09 3500 GMC CCDually
05 Silverado SS

Old 10-26-2018, 11:33 AM   #11
SPEEDSHIFT

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassDiesel View Post
Just a toothless sled puller opinion... but instead of an ET class I think a turbo limited fuel only class would be fun to watch.
Totally agree.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:58 AM   #12
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Pretty sure they did that once, a 2.6 class race in Florida, was pretty big and people seemed to really like it, but for some reason it stopped there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Old 10-26-2018, 01:36 PM   #13
khaoskustoms

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
There are better organizations out there already running better classes.
ODSS
Top dragster
Pro mod
Pro street
5.90 index ( what I race and it’s affordable)
And ET
you run those classes and get numbers up and see how the org does. Handicapping the once’s you do have showing up seems like a poor decision.
Also because of the truck counts I will never drive across the country for NHRDA
We don't have ODSS in Canada, we might not even have NHRDA back in Canada in 2019. The ODSS index classes aren't that far off what I was proposing.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:51 PM   #14
97rada

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
We don't have ODSS in Canada, we might not even have NHRDA back in Canada in 2019. The ODSS index classes aren't that far off what I was proposing.

What I am saying is don’t kill the classes you already have for slower classes. Leave them and rock on. Support will fallow or the org will die. We have a strong fallowing. People that drive across the country once a month to race. Those same people didn’t go to a local ish nhrda race. I believe the org is part of your problem

Old 10-26-2018, 01:52 PM   #15
97rada

Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Curious what your reasoning is behind it?

Old 10-26-2018, 02:56 PM   #16
Subman631

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDSHIFT View Post
Im sure that varies by location, in Texas we have seen the class grow, and will be larger next year. At the Diesel Thunder race we had almost twenty 6.70 trucks, nearly as many as the 7.70 class.

Just in our group we will have five 10.90 trucks next year. We do plan on making more races as well.
According to the points for 2018 at the NHRDA races the most vehicles at any one race were, Top Diesel 3, Pro Stock 3, Pro Street 6, Super Street 7. Some of the races had zero in some of the faster classes. They didn't even give the counts for the 10.90 class as they didn't award national points.

Super Diesel and Sportman had some decent numbers for some of their races but their numbers were down as well. I have no idea why the truck counts are so down, I do know from experience it is damn expensive to travel to many of the races since they are so spread out. I have no idea about the outlaw series as there isn't a place you can go to get results, or at least I'm not aware of one.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:16 PM   #17
SPEEDSHIFT

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subman631 View Post
According to the points for 2018 at the NHRDA races the most vehicles at any one race were, Top Diesel 3, Pro Stock 3, Pro Street 6, Super Street 7. Some of the races had zero in some of the faster classes. They didn't even give the counts for the 10.90 class as they didn't award national points.

Super Diesel and Sportman had some decent numbers for some of their races but their numbers were down as well. I have no idea why the truck counts are so down, I do know from experience it is damn expensive to travel to many of the races since they are so spread out. I have no idea about the outlaw series as there isn't a place you can go to get results, or at least I'm not aware of one.
https://www.outlawdieselss.com/copy-...-season-points

Looks like they had 53 6.70 trucks register over the whole season. I have never been to an ODSS race, but I plan to make at least one next year. I hear ya on the cost of travel, I figured it would be about $6000 in just fuel to make every ODSS race next season.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:25 PM   #18
Subman631

Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Looks like they had 53 6.70 trucks register over the whole season. I have never been to an ODSS race, but I plan to make at least one next year. I hear ya on the cost of travel, I figured it would be about $6000 in just fuel to make every ODSS race next season.
Found it thanks!

Old 10-27-2018, 02:48 PM   #19
97rada

Member`s Gallery
Quote:

What class? I would love to keep the numbers going up. Everything is pretty competitive to. It makes for a good time.
Unfortunately It’s not exactly cheap to do so.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:37 AM   #20
SPEEDSHIFT

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
What class? I would love to keep the numbers going up. Everything is pretty competitive to. It makes for a good time.
Unfortunately It’s not exactly cheap to do so.

6.70, I am building a new truck that will be a lot lighter so I would like to eventually get to run in 5.90.

Closed Thread