Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- GM > GM Tech > GM How-To
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GM How-To Post your GM and Duramax Mods and Installs in here

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 08:20 AM   #1
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Fuel Tank Inlet Issues. Gas Pump handles shut off.

Paw-n-law has an issue with a 2013 GMC 2500. It's gas, but every time he puts the gas pump nozzle in now and squeezes the trigger, the auto-shut off cuts the fuel. His gravity flow tank works ok but any of the station pumps won't.

Anyone had this issue? Is it a function of a fill tube issue or a vent line issue?

I'm going to google it now but thought I'd ask here in case someone has had this trouble.

"There are people far less intelligent than you making a living doing this stuff." - Jeff Mumau

Old 07-25-2019, 08:25 AM   #2
4x4dually

Member`s Gallery
Or is it an Evap canister issue? I guess I need to research and see if those trucks even has an Evap? More EPA bullschitd.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:50 AM   #3
06 DIESEL

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Member`s Gallery
I have the same issue with my '79 Silverado. I stick the nozel in upsidedown and at a 45* angle and it flows just fine. I blame it on the way the fill tube flows, but it has done that since it was new per my uncle who bought it new. No idea why one would just start having an issue unless the vent tube got mud dobbers on something clogging it up.

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:58 AM   #4
4x4dually

Member`s Gallery
From what I'm reading these trucks have an "Evap" canister full of charcoal. Some bullshidt the EPA mandated on them to "save the planet" or some crap. It becomes clogged. I've got paw-n-law trying to find it. His truck started doing it lately, not something it has always done. Probably plugged up somewhere. Just need to figure out where.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:43 AM   #5
smokinVE

Name: smokinVE
Title: $$+VE=NO HP
Member`s Gallery
Vent solenoid and/or evap canister is plugged with fine dirt OR the in bed gas tank has way over filled the tank and the canister is full of fuel. It’ll eventually set an evap code. 2013 is right on the break point from when we moved the fresh air for the vent.

This will cover it I think, I didn’t watch the whole video
Chevy Truck Hard To Fill Gas Tank - GM EVAP Codes P0442, P0446, P0455 or P0449 Vent Solenoid replace - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
I don't think they let hair sniffer twit much. Or the little gay guy. Only the Indian does.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:25 AM   #6
06 DIESEL

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Member`s Gallery
My '79 has that stupid charcoal canister on it also, wonder if that is the culprit. I'll have to check on it the next time I go to fill it up, in a few years, I think I have put 5 miles on it in the last 10 years.

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:43 AM   #7
turbom700

Name: turbom700
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Or 10 Suburban does this, I dug into and the probably is they vent the tank fill back into the fuel filler neck roughly 3" from the tip. If you rotate the nozzle when filling it wont trip out. I don't know why but it also helps if you shut the vehicle off when filling. Which I hate special in the winter months, but it better then standing outside freexzing my fingers off trying to get the dam thing to fill.

1997 s10 2wd 350sbc 4l80e

2000 vw gold tdi

1999 Sportsman DIESEL

Old 07-29-2019, 05:55 AM   #8
4x4dually

Member`s Gallery
He took the canister off it, beat around on it, blew it out, cleaned all the dirt out of the vent lines, etc. Works great now. It is just air restriction.

"There are people far less intelligent than you making a living doing this stuff." - Jeff Mumau

Closed Thread