Vintage Table Saw score

oldestof11

Drag racer
u5ajatu4.jpg

qeny2y7y.jpg

Best I can tell its from the 60s. 9" table saw and a 4" jointer. Used by the PO for 20 years to remodel homes. Heavy SOB! Cuts like butter. I paid $100 for this and I know a cheap Menards brand of the same price wouldn't last this long.

I bought a Grizzly with an new extra carbide blade for $150 a while back. It will probably rust in half before I ever use it though.

This sumbich is heavy! Looks like cast frame. For a 9" blade, it cuts beautifully. Love the extra side rails. It makes ripping a sheet of plywood easier.

The nice thing about those old sears and homecraft products is that you can still get parts online from sears for some of them and they are easy to repair unlike most new crap sold today.

Nice score. I had lots of my grandfather's old power tools prior to the tornado.... those things were built like anvils and ran all day. Now you have to drop over $100 to get a circular saw that will run all day.

Our shop is littered by old Rockwell's and Timesaver's. Havent bought anything new except for portable chop saws and drills.

Back