Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Hamilton Cams
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 11:02 PM   #1
Texashighways

Name: Texashighways
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
block updates

Well, December was a humbling end to a humbling year.

When designing a block, regardless of the best ideas, there is still a bit of trial and error.

Long story short, we have 12 blocks inbound. They are deckplated and have oem deckheight. They should be all kinds of strong. I can see these guys breezing by with 1800hp all day. I can not foresee them living at 2500hp, due to the thicker cylinder wall not being implemented and the strengthened main caps not being tied directly to the deck with columns. Regardless, Chase Fleece is going to put one hell of a Royal beat down on them next week or two and we will see what happens. The good news is that pending the results of that test, the blocks will be poured before the end of the month with all of the mods. I am going to work over the sand moulds myself by hand. I wish I knew who would buy the first few blocks as I would write your name in the casting.

Please forgive my horrible estimation of how long it takes to redesign an engine block. That being said, there is light at the end of the tunnel. By the time I have finished and blocks are shipping, the injection guys will probably have moved the cylinder pressure past what this block will hold so I will just say that I aim to make an affordable block that will be no more than 25lbs more than an OEM block and that will hold 2000-2500hp without a fuss. After that, Katy Bar the door, one of the 50 new righteous billet blocks being produced will suffice.

Low mass race cranks/fuel-miser (102#) and high mass (205#) lbs crank samples are on the way. If testing goes well and my 2 year old or the cows don't sidetrack me, these things will be reality this year. Rod forgings are on the way, 2k+ rods are almost officially dead, fyi, look for an exotic piston announcement soon......

After that, I'm taking some time...

and thank you for hiring me to do what I love. Other than these projects, I make it my goal to buy all of my customers a beer this year. Test me.... Feb 17th were having a Premier deal at a theatre in Bertram, Tx with Reckless Kelly for an evening concert to end a day of over the top hunting. It would be cool if the diesel crowd was there to meet the distribution channels.

Cheers,

Zach

Last edited by Texashighways; 01-02-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:31 AM   #2
Chris Tobin

Name: Chris Tobin
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Keep plugging away Zach!!!! Your stuff has helped the performance diesel industry plenty and you keep doing more!!!

Thanks for all your hard work!!!

Freelance Editor and Photographer
Working with DIESEL WORLD, DIRT SPORTS, MUSCLE CAR POWER & STREET TRUCKS magazines
tobinemail@aol.com
I might be able to help get you in a mag.
Custom poster size photos available. PM or email for info.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:20 AM   #3
takedown95

Name: takedown95
Member`s Gallery
Not to side track this thread but do you have any plans to make a cast or billet ductile iron head?

I'm sick of cast heads cracking after a single season (regardless of the manufacturer).

Old 01-19-2018, 07:10 AM   #4
SPEEDSHIFT

Name: SPEEDSHIFT
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texashighways View Post
Rod forgings are on the way, 2k+ rods are almost officially dead, fyi, look for an exotic piston announcement soon......

After that, I'm taking some time...

and thank you for hiring me to do what I love. Other than these projects, I make it my goal to buy all of my customers a beer this year. Test me.... Feb 17th were having a Premier deal at a theatre in Bertram, Tx with Reckless Kelly for an evening concert to end a day of over the top hunting. It would be cool if the diesel crowd was there to meet the distribution channels.

Cheers,

Zach
Very interested in these, can we get some more info on the event in Bertram?
2013 3500 4x4 Aisin Dually Tow Rig

Tenacity Tuning, Longs Machine Shop, BD Diesel Performance

Closed Thread