$ to Rebuild Nv4500

Cursedtofirst45

Has anybody here rebuilt an nv4500? I'm looking for some general numbers/costs to do a 2wd rebuild here. Went and looked at a truck and the tranny wasn't to my liking, so i'm thinking i'll rebuild it. Thanks,
-Eric

my brother had his rebuilt for around 1500 i think including some new parts (shift forks, rails, etc.)

the one that i rebuilt i put a complete overhaul kit in, a new counter shaft, 3 new driven gears, and a stock input and retainer. had roughly 1200$ in parts. way easier to buy a reman unit IMO

Has anybody here rebuilt an nv4500? I'm looking for some general numbers/costs to do a 2wd rebuild here. Went and looked at a truck and the tranny wasn't to my liking, so i'm thinking i'll rebuild it. Thanks,
-Eric

olegreen95 is a tech at the dodge dealer and he rebuilt mine on the side and is very reasonable if your close enough to ohio. or don't mind shipping. pm him and see how much.

I will agree with hillbillypride. It cost me a little over $1200 for parts alone. Luckily Jeff was a good friend and helped out at no cost so labor was free. If I had to do it again i'd go for the reman instead of doing it myself. It was a good experience though. IMO....

I will agree with hillbillypride. It cost me a little over $1200 for parts alone. Luckily Jeff was a good friend and helped out at no cost so labor was free. If I had to do it again i'd go for the reman instead of doing it myself. It was a good experience though. IMO....

whats up Jesse? You found you a truck yet? You need a pullin project ya know.

i bought a rebuild kit off of ebay for like 300 bucks it came with all new bearings, shims, syncros, and a small parts kit for the transmission. if they are saying 1200 to rebuild i would call a tranny shop and ask about remans i paid 1200 for my reman unit for my conversion.

i bought a rebuild kit off of ebay for like 300 bucks it came with all new bearings, shims, syncros, and a small parts kit for the transmission. if they are saying 1200 to rebuild i would call a tranny shop and ask about remans i paid 1200 for my reman unit for my conversion.

That 1200 is because all they put in it was your 300 dollar rebuild kit. That means they charged you 900 for labor. If you have to buy any parts it adds up quick. The updated fully splined mainshaft, cast iron tailshaft housing and if your a puller you would want a new 3rd gear, 2nd gear and new countershaft. You wouldnt have to change them but they take all the abuse so why use the old ones. Built with new parts you are looking between 1500 to 1700 dollars.

That was with the fully splined main shaft and everything to fix the fifth gear issue it was a complete reman anything that was worn was replaced. That price was even having him take the gm 4x4 one and installing the dodge input for me. If I can find the reciept ill post it I paid 2100 total at time of sale including the frieght and 600 core charge
That 1200 is because all they put in it was your 300 dollar rebuild kit. That means they charged you 900 for labor. If you have to buy any parts it adds up quick. The updated fully splined mainshaft, cast iron tailshaft housing and if your a puller you would want a new 3rd gear, 2nd gear and new countershaft. You wouldnt have to change them but they take all the abuse so why use the old ones. Built with new parts you are looking between 1500 to 1700 dollars.

Back