Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Do any of you guys have an n14 ecm fixing place you'd recommend? Midwest ecm repair pops up a lot and they seem reasonable. Friend of mine has one dying, still runs, just badly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Do any of you guys have an n14 ecm fixing place you'd recommend? Midwest ecm repair pops up a lot and they seem reasonable. Friend of mine has one dying, still runs, just badly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We just core them with Weller. Don’t get one from Cummins.

Tractor left last fall, so my brother decided he wants to get more serious pulling a semi. It is a little long but speced right.

Attachments

• IMG_20190126_125111910.jpg
    IMG_20190126_125111910.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 0
Tractor left last fall, so my brother decided he wants to get more serious pulling a semi. It is a little long but speced right.

What other details? Motor?

What’s the wheel base? Looks like it may be close to my FLC, which is 221”. Honestly I don’t know if shorter is necessarily better. My dad shortened his frame 2’ years ago. He keeps talking about going back. Couple other guys bought hot rods and lengthened the frame from where the previous owner had them at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What other details? Motor?

What’s the wheel base? Looks like it may be close to my FLC, which is 221”. Honestly I don’t know if shorter is necessarily better. My dad shortened his frame 2’ years ago. He keeps talking about going back. Couple other guys bought hot rods and lengthened the frame from where the previous owner had them at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ddec 3 Detroit. Wheel base is 270 everything we have played with that 200 to 230 range seems to be pretty good.

Just had a D12 in here that is a turd at low RPM, is that because of the European tuning?
1460d705f4f4a675b4ceba7c16013bb7.jpg

It's a D12. It's NOT a turd on the low end. It's a turd everywhere. Why do you think they last so long?

He also did not stay into it to spin out, and im guessing the sled wasn't set for the power he had. My brother hasn't decided how hot he is going this year, but much more than just the ecm he got the tandems will be rolled forward.
Should get ahold of Chris, see if he still has the big 12v71 Detroit! Eventually be down on power, but would sound cool!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Should get ahold of Chris, see if he still has the big 12v71 Detroit! Eventually be down on power, but would sound cool!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Down on power would be an understatement! When Dunn pulled his out of the Lady Butterfly that truck finally saw the last half of the track.

Back