I think I might be a dumb@$$

bosshogg

Running with the best...
Long story short, have a sprung hub 3600 DD and its been in the truck for about 18 months as a daily driver. Never hooked to a sled and very rarely do I do a boosted launch or burnout. Last night I tried a boosted launch and let go of the clutch too quick, tried again and let go of the throttle. Finally 3rd time was the charm and made a beautiful launch. Problem is now the clutch rattles and carries on whenever I disengage it, and it never made a sound before. Still hooks up, still shifts perfect, just makes a lot of noise. So now that we have established that I am dumb, and I knew better but did it anyway, what did I damage? I really like this clutch and am kicking myself for abusing it like an idiot :eek:wned: :bang :doh:

Do you have the "silent" center plate? If so, maybe you knocked off the little nubs. I had one of the original (non diaphragm) style clutches, standard billet center plate and it was very noisy from the day it was put in.

Had issues with the lever style pressure plate, got the new design and its MUCH more quiet.

Just thinking, if its still performing good, maybe its related to the center plate.

Only when push the pedal though, huh? Might have muffed up your throwout bearing somehow....

I see what youre saying, maybe got it hot enough to melt those rubber buttons on the edge of the floater plate. Sounds like it will be time for a rebuild soon

That is what happened. Do not keep driving it and give us a call. These are "street clutches" no more boosted launches. LOL

peter

Spoke with Mansil (sp?) on the phone today, going to get the clutch torn out of the truck and sent up there hopefully by the first of next week. Might upgrade to billet flywheel and center plate while its there...

Back