bd tap shifter 5r110

gwhammy

Anyone used one of these in a cummins swap? I have to play with the throttle to get mine to shift most of the time pulling a trailer. Manual control would be great to get the trans to go ahead and shift to put the 12 valve into the rpms it pulls best at.

Could you explain yourself? What kind of electrical problems?

Mainly inconsistent or hung shifts when in regular drive mode. Say for example you are taking off from a light normally, and it shifts 1-2-3 but won't go past that. Reach down and unplug it...bang, back to normal shifting. Random flashing tow/haul light etc. Just weird and glitchy.

And of course, when you call tech support, the have NEVER heard the likes. Yet many other guys say they have similar issues....

Mainly inconsistent or hung shifts when in regular drive mode. Say for example you are taking off from a light normally, and it shifts 1-2-3 but won't go past that. Reach down and unplug it...bang, back to normal shifting. Random flashing tow/haul light etc. Just weird and glitchy.

And of course, when you call tech support, the have NEVER heard the likes. Yet many other guys say they have similar issues....

Thanks for the explenation. That would be weird and bad to say the least.

I have had one on my 08 for 90k or more miles. Never had issues like that. It's always worked great for me. Maybe I got a good one. Or theres a grounding issue. Either way. If mine starts acting like that its getting unhooked. I like mine a lot and would not want to have to do without it.

Back