Another cam Question

carolinarednek

I got a wrench for that!!
I have a 12 valve p-pumped truck. I am almost to the point where internal mods are gonna be needed to make mopre power. I was told by someone that swapping a CR cam into her would make a bit more power.

Is this true??? I thought the LSA was better on the cam I have now? I can get my hands on a CR cam and on the cheap!! Whats a good reccomendation??

My mods are, no fuel plate, no AFC foot, 16* of timing, BD Super B Special, Banks Twin Ram, 4kgsk, and 140 hp injectors on the way. Of course I have the trans work too.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice!! :thankyou2:

While a cam will help, I dunno if its worth all the work to swap another stock cam in. I'd wait and pick up a nice aftermarket cam to install.

Also, you can still do plenty more work to the pump, and a larger turbo or twins to make more power.

u don't even have the injectors in yet ??? what about head work ??? sumbody said 600hp or so on stock cam

no afc foot is going to make u cry when u put ur injectors in.... unless your one of those black smoking retards.......

I have a 12 valve p-pumped truck. I am almost to the point where internal mods are gonna be needed to make mopre power. I was told by someone that swapping a CR cam into her would make a bit more power.

Is this true??? I thought the LSA was better on the cam I have now? I can get my hands on a CR cam and on the cheap!! Whats a good reccomendation??

My mods are, no fuel plate, no AFC foot, 16* of timing, BD Super B Special, Banks Twin Ram, 4kgsk, and 140 hp injectors on the way. Of course I have the trans work too.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice!! :thankyou2:

Not being rude but your truck is not to the point where internal mods are needed to make more power, trucks making way over 800hp with stock camshafts.

and by black smoking retards i mean on the street in a dialy driving situation... not on the strip or dirt track

I am not a black smoke retard as you put it. Although there are alot of them around here. I am going to build this truck for racing and sled pulling and was curious to know about the cam. I am going to be pulling the gear case off and thought while I was there I would just stab another one in there. I already called Hamilton cams and got their 180/210 cam on the way. Thanks for the valuable input folks!

You can definitely make LOTS more power without a cam swap but if you're doing that then might as well enjoy the benefits of the aftermarket cam with a bolt on retainer to solve potential cam gear walk off issues. Good luck!

Stock cam here as well and have been 659hp, Still have not seen a dyno comparison on a 12V to make it worth my time and money to make the swap.

Back