Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 06:31 AM   #421
iride813

Name: iride813
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Well to say I had a eventful weekend is the least! Going down to the 475 was a good decision. Friday night we got to the track and we could tel it was gonna be a long weekend. Very slick no prep surface. They scrape it bare every week to make it like the street. But anyways. First pass we went out and knocked the tires off and ended up tapping the wall. Didn’t hurt anything really. Broke a taillight and put a dent in the bed. Then we kept messing with 4 link and suspension stuff. Got the truck to go down the track alittle. Ended up with a personal best pass, even after pedaling it 3 times I still went 6.72@116
So we’re finally making some power. Saturday came and they had put a bunch of prep down trying to make it better for us. Ended up dead hooking and falling under the charger and still went 6.80@114
Then second pass saturday we left good and was on a killer pas. And then the trucj started to seize up in third gear. Ended up going like 6.82@90 it lost that much mph and when it started to seize. Not sure on what happened. Gonna tear it apart today and will have pictures of the damage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-16-2020, 07:25 AM   #422
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Well me getting antsy and not letting it cool enough between passes definitely had a consequence. Got the head off and found 5 bad cylinders. Hopefully 20 over will clean then up. But time to tear it apart.

Old 06-16-2020, 05:00 PM   #423
97rada

Name: 97rada
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iride813 View Post
Well me getting antsy and not letting it cool enough between passes definitely had a consequence. Got the head off and found 5 bad cylinders. Hopefully 20 over will clean then up. But time to tear it apart.

What was coolant temp/block temp and how long did it sit? Add charge cooling while it’s down.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 06-17-2020, 06:24 AM   #424
Vincejax

Name: Vincejax
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97rada View Post
What was coolant temp/block temp and how long did it sit? Add charge cooling while it’s down.

I second this, my mishimoto CAC brings charge air temp from nearly 600* down to ~100*...little extra weight, but worth it imo.

Old 06-17-2020, 06:32 AM   #425
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97rada View Post

I am going back to some kind of air to air cooler. And not sure block temp. Oil temp got to into the 290s by the log. Hopefully it won’t be down but a couple weeks.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:31 AM   #426
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Ended up finding the culprit on why the engine seized up. Cylinders 1-5 have pretty bad scoring. Come to find out my ptw clearance is nowhere near wbat I thought it was originally and I paid the price. The block will be getting bored sometime next week and hope to be back in a couple weeks to get some testing done before rocky top! Here’s a few pics of a couple of the cylinders Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:55 AM   #427
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Just alittle update. Got the engine tore down this past weekend. Bottom end looks practically new still. No bearing damage or wear. But also found out all my injector nozzles were hitting my pistons aswell. Click the image to open in full size.
And if you look closely. All the injector nozzles tips are shiny from making contact Click the image to open in full size.
And as I thought. Pistons were junk, all 6 pistons had scoring and had swelled. I’ve been trying everything to save it and keep stock bore but it’s looking like that isn’t gonna be feasible. Cylinders have a few groves honing isn’t wanting to clean out. Will know for sure after tonight. Just figured I’d throw alittle update on here

Old 06-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #428
bateman

Name: bateman
Member`s Gallery
Dang. You’ll be back running stronger soon.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:51 AM   #429
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman View Post
Dang. You’ll be back running stronger soon.

Hoping for about a two week turn around and be back at the track. Wanting to try to get two weekends to test before rocky top.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #430
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Everything is up for sale if anyone is interested in anything. As much as I hate to. There’s more important things that I need to focus on for now.

Closed Thread