Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > National Farm Machinery Show
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #21
PTPULLINCHASSIS

Name: PTPULLINCHASSIS
Title: DEALS ON REAL WHEELS
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper03 View Post
sad 2 say but diesel trucks will be a 1 and done at nfms. the will not get invited back cause of poor performance besides for a few trucks that did make it down the track.thy should of had the 3.0 class it would of been a better show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOISRAM View Post
Thats what my Neighbor (Leischner) told me too. They called me while the trucks were going and wanted to know why they were having such a hard time. They said some couldnt get started, taking to much time up and all the carnage would be the reason for not getting invited back. This is unofficial but will more than likely be the case. Im sure the gas 4x4 guys will be gloating over on pulloff.

On a side note Bill said they got second behind wild child in the prliminarys and second to bunnage in the finals. The new motors are making some horse but you have to get it to the ground. Congrats to them for the hard work and a good showing.
SORRY GUYS but I think they already got the invite for next year. Let me guess all of the tractors got off the line and none of them broke WTF As far as the 3.0 class goes I'm all for it BUT this is a NFMS and if they are going to only have one DIESEL TRUCK class guess what it's going to be the BIG BOY CLASS they put on the best show, on and off the track hands down.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #22
pumper03

Name: pumper03
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTPULLINCHASSIS View Post
SORRY GUYS but I think they already got the invite for next year. Let me guess all of the tractors got off the line and none of them broke WTF As far as the 3.0 class goes I'm all for it BUT this is a NFMS and if they are going to only have one DIESEL TRUCK class guess what it's going to be the BIG BOY CLASS they put on the best show, on and off the track hands down.
bauer runs that show and he hates diesel trucks also all the tractor guys hate trucks any ways the gas trucks will be back any way next year. have u ever noticed when trucks pull every body leaves 2 get more beer.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:35 AM   #23
SuperSonic

Name: SuperSonic
Title: El Vato
Member`s Gallery
Actually there were very few people at the concessions or restrooms while the trucks were running compared to the light supers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn859 View Post
Sometimes I feel like giving up....then I remember I have a lot of motherfukkers to prove wrong.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #24
SuperSonic

Member`s Gallery
And as far as Vaughn Bauer. After talking to him a few times on the matter, its the street classes that he doesn't like. Mostly because of the guys running two 8" stacks bellowing smoke at the same level as the cab of the sled. He and his operators have to breathe all that soot and the pretty much can't see anything half the time. Its pretty dangerous.

Quote:
Sometimes I feel like giving up....then I remember I have a lot of motherfukkers to prove wrong.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:10 AM   #25
ILLINOISRAM

Name: ILLINOISRAM
Title: INLINE INSANITY
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTPULLINCHASSIS View Post
I hope they do get to come back. Everybody worked very hard to put on a good show. I didnt get to go this year so i was just relaying what was said to me over the phone. Bill even said he hopes they get to come back too but at the same time there are other classes wanting to get in there and you dont get to many chances to get everything just right. The represenative that were there are as professional as any of the other pullers but if people are holding grudges against diesels, it makes it that much harder was all i was saying.
Tim

Old 02-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #26
RSieck

Name: RSieck
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kino_fab View Post
^^^ Re read the post. The top three made a full pull. THe distances listed are thier pull off distances. Ben miller lacked a few getting a full pull.
Doh! I shouldn't be drinking and trying to read at the same time!!
www.ecitpa.net

Old 02-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #27
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOISRAM View Post
'''' They called me while the trucks were going and wanted to know why they were having such a hard time. They said some couldnt get started, taking to much time up ......
Ive got several calls *****ing about the,

"Unprofessional, non prepared, Busch league trucks" , "worst performance of a class in 17 years at Louisville". "How much friggin ether do they need? One truck ran OUT of ether and they only had one can!!! You can't bring two cans to the start line?!?!".

Ouch.

It got worse from there. Like we've never had to wait for a tractor.

I know its tractor guys and gasser trucks complaining, but it still sucks.
Breaking is one thing, being unprepared at the indoor Holy Grail of tractor pulling, with quite possibly the most critical and influential crowd of any pull is another.
Hopefully they will write it off as first time jitters, and get them back in next year for another shot.
Congratulations to Haisleys and Kellogg, nice job guys. I still can't believe Vans new truck got done in time!

Old 02-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #28
jedeka

Name: jedeka
Member`s Gallery
The unlimited supers blew up and broke stuff. Hope these trucks are invited back. Eventhough it took time to run the class, most people stayed in their seats.

2005 3500 4x4 dually, auto, KORE leveling coils, 19.5 wheels, Smarty Jr

Old 02-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #29
SuperSonic

Member`s Gallery
Worst things I noticed were how clumbsy the trucks are to move around. They are very heavy on the front which made them a handfull for the equipment to steer and park, which took extra time and limited the amount of trucks they could stage inside. Would probably work better to run the class first in a session to allow enough time to stage and park the trucks without interfering with the sled or track equipment.

Quote:

Old 02-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #30
rawdog

Name: rawdog
Member`s Gallery
isnt it the same with the gassers tho?its a pain in the balls inside no matter where you go

Old 02-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #31
06 DIESEL

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Member`s Gallery
Gassers can run inside, the diesels can not.

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #32
rawdog

Name: rawdog
Member`s Gallery
yea i know that but its the same situation as far as them being clumsy and having to move them around in a similar way.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #33
Delinquent

Name: Delinquent
Title: I'm Wrong...
Member`s Gallery
Found Mr. Atleys pull over on the UTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IztPoKAUIOs

Old 02-20-2011, 07:30 PM   #34
BTO86

Name: BTO86
Title: HDDP
Member`s Gallery
Whatever happened to the electric/hydraulic steering like in every other pull? Or was it a room issue therefore using the 3 point hitch on the tractors?
I sure hope they invite them back because i know a lot of us have been patiently waiting for them to run down there. It just wasn't a very good night for some of those guys. Hats off to them though. Brian

Old 02-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #35
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTO86 View Post
Whatever happened to the electric/hydraulic steering like in every other pull? Or was it a room issue therefore using the 3 point hitch on the tractors?
I sure hope they invite them back because i know a lot of us have been patiently waiting for them to run down there. It just wasn't a very good night for some of those guys. Hats off to them though. Brian

I think they are set up for tractors, light front ends easy to move around. They haven't worked around the diesel trucks yet. I have been indoor and the gassers will burn your eyes something fierce.
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 02-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #36
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Member`s Gallery
I'll post pics and vids tomorrow. Got lucky enough to sit front row. Atley broke right in front of us. The vid and pics show parts going everywhere. They basically carried the whole front end off and set it to the side.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #37
Bosshawg600

Name: Bosshawg600
Title: PDP.com FireFighter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tone12V View Post
I'll post pics and vids tomorrow. Got lucky enough to sit front row. Atley broke right in front of us. The vid and pics show parts going everywhere. They basically carried the whole front end off and set it to the side.
Heck it looked bad enough on the upper decks!!!!!

Old 02-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #38
Johndeere9610

Name: Johndeere9610
Title: Ford guy
Member`s Gallery
Thats sucks for the bad showing

Old 02-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #39
Johndeere9610

Name: Johndeere9610
Title: Ford guy
Member`s Gallery
Looks like we needed the BBD there to put on the good show!

Old 02-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #40
HIGH TECH RAM

Name: HIGH TECH RAM
Title: Haters!
Member`s Gallery
I found this on youtube. Lots of carnage!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/mymack9n.../0/w7zdOykY2-Y

Closed Thread