AirDog return fitting (female quick connect).jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 12mm Injection pump fitting.jpg
    12mm Injection pump fitting.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 0
  • Hose.jpg
    Hose.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 0
Ive been wondering the same thing. How well do they work? It kind of limits how and where you can install the pump correct? Because the lines are already pre-made. I like the old one with one length of hose and you make your own connections. Because not every truck is made the same.

I do deer hunting in the fall and my next set up was going to be installed in the bed or with its own skid plate. I need something with further protection to protect it from rocks, sticks, logs, ect.

You asked, so here is my vent! :kick:

After installing one unit this is what I must say.
The price went up which is total BS because the amount of material (hose, fittings, etc.) included in the kit went down. To accomplish a clean appearing installation you still have to cut and splice the hose if you have a short wheelbase truck. Sure install time has dropped but that's due to the fact that there are no fittings to be user installed, not a hard thing to do and could have easily been accomplished with the earlier version. We all know that plastic fittings are not better than metal!

The only reason they are a big hit is because you can no longer get the old kit! :shake:

Looks like Im going to have to start shopping for the old style!!!! New doesnt always mean better.

I. Hate. "Quick". Disconnect. Fittings. LOL They are anything BUT "quick" to disconnect. One of my distributors told me about the change to the new style and we were sure to snatch up a couple of their remaining stock of the "old" style.

i did my old megacab with the original airdog II 1. too little fuel line 2.because of problem #1 my mounting location became less than ideal--had to mount lines then pull airdog and beg pleade and pray i could drive home that night. 3. shorted me fittings, leading on a 3 hour hunt to every truck stop open at midnight.

so apparently you solves problem #3. but is there enough line for a man sized vehicle?

Before I go on a web wide search looking for the old style.....Does anyone offer or still carry the old style with the pushloc fittings and not this quick connect junk?

The price went up which is total BS because the amount of material (hose, fittings, etc.) included in the kit went down. To accomplish a clean appearing installation you still have to cut and splice the hose if you have a short wheelbase truck. Sure install time has dropped but that's due to the fact that there are no fittings to be user installed, not a hard thing to do and could have easily been accomplished with the earlier version. We all know that plastic fittings are not better than metal!

The only reason they are a big hit is because you can no longer get the old kit! :shake:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:thankyou2:

Any feedback is good. I like to here them all. So here is my answers to those.

The price went up which is total BS because the amount of material (hose, fittings, etc.) included in the kit went down.
Wrong!!! The cost of the kit went up quite a bit. Even though the fittings aren't there anymore doesn't mean what is in there is cheaper. The new stuff is much more expensive.

To accomplish a clean appearing installation you still have to cut and splice the hose if you have a short wheelbase truck.
Your telling me that this one fitting keeps it from being a clean install??? You see 1/2" of aluminum showing UNDER the truck IF you even have to use it. I posted a pic to show the fitting he is speaking of.

Sure install time has dropped but that's due to the fact that there are no fittings to be user installed, not a hard thing to do and could have easily been accomplished with the earlier version. We all know that plastic fittings are not better than metal!
Well that remains to be seen. Did you try and get those fittings to leak? How about break? How often does your OE quick connect break off if you leave it alone? They are high quality fittings and very pricey as well. I was totally against them myself until I did the testing on them.Then I installed one and I was all for them. I did expect the guys like yourself who know how to turn wrenches to disapprove. It was aimed for the high number of people that can't figure it out on their own and I spend 8 hours on the phone with them telling them how to do it. You would understand more if you were here.

Wrong again. People liked the kits when compared to competitors. But the number of phone calls we get from shops has increased alot. Specific phone calls come in telling us how much they love the new kits. The quick connects will take some time for you guys that are good at what you do to give approval. So if they don't leak or break. Then what do you think?

Here is something you guys may not know about the company which also was a factor in this. AirDog and Diesel RX employs about 50 people with disabilities. This includes many people with down syndrome and other handicaps. They are very important to us and getting them involved is also. We provide them with jobs to help their families financially. Some of you may know there was a problem with missing fittings when the move occured. Now with these new kits. It is much more simplified and they can become more involved.

Attachments

• Hose splice.jpg
    Hose splice.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 0
Uh uh, I am right about to order an AD150 for my 12v but I definitely would prefer the "old" kit

Their only real complaint is they don't think quick connects are better. Which has yet to prove them correct. So really they have no actually problem yet. They are thinking about "what if" stuff at the moment. LOL

You could atleast offer some universal kits...old style plumbing found in the dodge kits, Chevy/Duramax style wiring harness, new price if money is the issue, just for the guys that like customizing their trucks. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back