"Daddy's Truck" 1st Gen weekend warrior project

Trying to decide either do a triangulated 4 link or a long ladder bar setup for the rear suspension.

Ladder bar I would think would be easier to build and I'd be less likely to weld the angles wrong. They would be mounted outboard of the frame.

Glad to see you decided to keep it, I want to see more work added to this thread. Might give me the motivation I need to rebuild my rearend, and get mine back on the road.

Wired up the solenoid on the HE351. I hocked the bracket for the HX52 wastegate actuator I had. I then plugged it into the hose on the electric solenoid. So with it off it topped out at 28 psi. Now it hits 38psi. Mid levl throttle response is greatly improved. Improved enough that I can bark the tires punching it in 3rd at 30mph.

This upcoming weekend I plan on having a few things to do. Front crank seal, upper and lower ball joints, and hopefully a rear bench seat for the kiddos

Wired up the solenoid on the HE351. I hocked the bracket for the HX52 wastegate actuator I had. I then plugged it into the hose on the electric solenoid. So with it off it topped out at 28 psi. Now it hits 38psi. Mid levl throttle response is greatly improved. Improved enough that I can bark the tires punching it in 3rd at 30mph.

This upcoming weekend I plan on having a few things to do. Front crank seal, upper and lower ball joints, and hopefully a rear bench seat for the kiddos

I just did my front crank seal today, forgot what a leak free truck was.. :hehe:

What's your drive with 38psi of boost? Stock valve springs/valve train?

I'd love to see you buy up two more 351's and some pipe.....

No pics to show but if you have ever owned a 1st Gen extended cab (club cab), you know the frustration with trying to take people with you beyond the front seats. The jump seats in the back leave a LOT to be desired.

So I did some junkyard diving this afternoon. I picked up a folding bench seat from a 96 F150. If you want the front brackets, there are 4. However, the 5 trucks I saw, they were ALL rusted and rounded off quickly. So I pulled the 2 13mm nuts at the top of the bracket and bent them out of the way. Then I pulled the brackets for the back rest by removing the 4 14mm nuts. I wanted these as the drivers side had a beefy spring to keep it pulled up. Once it goes over center, it pulls it flat.

I am working on installing it this weekend. I am reusing the stock Dodge jump seat belts. Partly to keep it the same and partly because I didn't have the big Torx wrench needed to remove seat belts.

Back