Baca hits 2760hp....

Kinda funny when nobody on here cares about a 2700hp run with a 20% correction factor.

The Facebook groupies seem to think they know something hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seen before ucc he had said something about getting close 2 3000hp. Obviously that didnt happen. Not taking anything from him

What block are they using these days?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Baca has a solid Hamilton 6.7 block, I don't know if they still use a deckplate setup on it, or just sleeves, or if they are now using just the cast block bored out. The block doesn't need a deckplate but if their rods and headstuds and pushrods are all tested and setup for a deckplate, I'd imagine they would continue to use a deckplate unless they too experienced deckplate stretching/going out of round whereas the cast block retains bore shape better.

A few of my guys were there at Randy's dyno event and they said the correction was hovering around 1.20 most of the day, which means 2300 uncorrected at altitude for Baca. It's hard to compare numbers unless both runs are on the same dyno, the same day. This was the "UCC" superflow dyno but the on-board weather station obviously called for a 20% correction. At UCC, at least on PDD's run, it had a negative 1% correction factor aka 0.99. The year before at UCC 2018 I recall 1.07 to 1.08 correction when I watched a few runs.

I assume this was at the shop in salt lake? If so I could definitely see a 1.10 CF at minimum with warmer summer temps and 1.20 could very well be legit. That’s a lot of juice.

A few of my guys were there at Randy's dyno event and they said the correction was hovering around 1.20 most of the day, which means 2300 uncorrected at altitude f

Seriously, We pretty much settled this west coast correction factor mumbo-jumbo years ago. Not sure why some folks still rely on such high correction factors with boosted/nitrous assisted CI engines.

Honestly, why does a number that starts with a 2 matter anymore? Most SS truck pullers are making that number at 5500+ RPMs, on fuel alone, without a correction factor.

Honestly, why does a number that starts with a 2 matter anymore? Most SS truck pullers are making that number at 5500+ RPMs, on fuel alone, without a correction factor.

2700 on a ss would be a single 4.8” for most of the engines in the class. Then some guys (don bowling) tell magazine artical writers they are tuned in at 3800 in the neighborhood of most of the class (the other triple turbo scheid engines) and you have guys with adequate singles (5.2”) boasting well north of 3k (greenway and Eller). And a couple years ago someone posted 32xx on fb to shut everyone up about this correction factor nitrous fed dyno “king”. Which was his stopping point, as those trucks can’t utilize/apply much over 2800.

Back