Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
theonlyz

Name: theonlyz
Title: professional he** raiser
Member`s Gallery
"Monster pump" injector crush washers

I picked up a monster pump with matching injectors and tubes but, was wondering what washers I should get? The injectors originally had super thin washer on them. I removed them to clean the tips up and was always told to never re-use a crush washer. This brings me to where I am now. The last 4 sets or so of injectors I have done have had a thick copper washers. My question is do I use a standard thick one or what?
thanks
04 Dodge Cummins QCSB 4X4, TC diesels extreme rail and dprv's, Exergy injectors 80% over, Wicked Diesels Coolant Bypass, AirDog 150, Garmon's competition transmission, and Full Engine build by Garmon's thats balanced and studded top to bottom with only the best inside

Old 04-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
KILLER 'B'

Name: KILLER 'B'
Title: Pro Wrench Turner
Member`s Gallery
up to you really.. the thinner the washer the closer you are to being in the bowl when your timing is advanced more than stock.. although i have seen some stock VP trucks with the pattern out of the bowl.. i say find thin ones, or buy a sheet of copper and make them yourself with a hole punch..

p.s.: what is your definition of thin and thick? Thin, to me is .008-.015, stock, to me is .040-.070, and thick, to me is >.100 (i've never seen them that big)

That's what she said...

Old 04-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
theonlyz

Member`s Gallery
Thats the definition of how thin mine were.008-.015. If i cant find the thin type how bad do you think it would be to run stock sized ones? Would I even notice? I am in one of those unfortunate cities that seems nothing can be found that isnt "stock factory". Anything custom or what not, has to be sourced from about 6-8hrs away.
04 Dodge Cummins QCSB 4X4, TC diesels extreme rail and dprv's, Exergy injectors 80% over, Wicked Diesels Coolant Bypass, AirDog 150, Garmon's competition transmission, and Full Engine build by Garmon's thats balanced and studded top to bottom with only the best inside

Old 04-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #4
theonlyz

Member`s Gallery
Oh, I also have been trying to contact Mike for 2wks but, he is just about impossible to reach. Im starting to feel like one of those stalker girl friends from high school.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
KILLER 'B'

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlyz View Post
Im starting to feel like one of those stalker girl friends from high school.

well i'm sure you can find them. PM 'Snedge' one here.. if you don't want to buy them right now, stock ones will get you by..

Old 04-23-2010, 04:52 PM   #6
csutton7

Name: csutton7
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
reuse the washers--you will be fine--those aren't crush washers they are washers for spacing and Mike intended for them to be used with those injectors, so don't be changing things, if you do make sure they're the same thickness--I've reused injector washers so many times it's not funny---chris

Old 04-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #7
KILLER 'B'

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by csutton7 View Post
reuse the washers--you will be fine--those aren't crush washers they are washers for spacing and Mike intended for them to be used with those injectors, so don't be changing things, if you do make sure they're the same thickness--I've reused injector washers so many times it's not funny---chris
yes it's possible to reuse them, but they will leak if you do not follow proper cleaning steps..

I usually sand the washers on a honing stone in a parts sink to ensure they are clean hand have a fresh, new mating surface.. wire brush inside the head, and a red 3M hand pad on the injector.. as long as all surfaces are clean, smooth, and free of imperfections they will seal.. it is very important you put the washes back on the same direction they came off as well..

Old 04-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #8
MCForstenRacing

Name: MCForstenRacing
Title: 1/4 miles
Member`s Gallery
.020, straight from Mike do not re use the washers.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
theonlyz

Member`s Gallery
how can I get some?? Whos got em??

Old 04-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #10
MCForstenRacing

Member`s Gallery
Mike has a ton of them (419) 237 1521

Old 04-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
KILLER 'B'

Member`s Gallery
you can get them from cummins too.. PM 'SNEDGE' on here.. he is a cummins dealer..

Old 04-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #12
theonlyz

Member`s Gallery
Thanks guys!! I left two messages on Mikes phone so far in the past week or two. Ill see if he calls me back, Im sure hes super busy. If I dont hear anything from him then I will get ahold of snedge

Old 04-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #13
csutton7

Member`s Gallery
wow Mike never told me to not reuse the washers, but of course I shoved them in and have never taken them out and never asked him about it either---on other injectors if we didn't have washers we wiped them clean, inspected them and shoved them in if all looked good and I've never had any probs and I've been shoving injectors in for 10 yrs---still you have to do what you feel is best for you and with what the manufacturer says---chris

Old 04-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #14
MCForstenRacing

Member`s Gallery
he didnt say to not reuse the washers, that was my reccomendation to be on the safe side thats all.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #15
csutton7

Member`s Gallery
ah ok--yes that's the safe route for sure---

Old 04-24-2010, 04:23 AM   #16
BrettWINspeed

Name: BrettWINspeed
Title: Just P pump it
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by csutton7 View Post
X2... The washers also effect where the connector tube seals against the injector body, if it's all a matched set than Mike has them set up that way for a reason. You'll be fine reusing the old ones.
Brett
Coming soon:95 Reg Cab 2wd 160 Pump and a Super B Special...

Old 04-24-2010, 04:49 AM   #17
theonlyz

Member`s Gallery
Re-using......well thats out of the question. They are so thin that taking them off basically ruined them. I feel better just getting new anyways. thanks again guys!

Closed Thread