custom build transmissions by Garmon diesel

well im trying to give him a chance, i had heard great things so i tried him on this one since my usual tranny mechanic doesnt do diesels. i figured jeff would be a good choice from his reputatation and hopefully we can work this out

Sounds like you may have trash in the electronics of the Valve body....Dodge tranny's are famous for that....quick fix...

As for my Garmon tranny....NOTHING but please so far.....Many Many hard launches and racing....Much hard playing on the street as well....NO Probs...

PM me you name and number....My truck is there now and I'll be down there on Wed and Thurs....I will have him call you......

Jeff is the Most Stand-Up guy I know in the mechanic business....He just a ONE -MAN show with a little ADHD!!! LOL

He'll make it right man!!!! BUT as most were saying....$2500 isn't that much for tranny work..

well mine wasnt a real high performance build thats why it was 2500, at the time i had a programmer but it was taken out right after the truck left garmons, the only thing the truck has is a 4 inch exhaust and no cats, i just wanted something a lil stouter than the factory dodge, and at first it was good shifted a lil harder than id like but shifted good and ran great, but in the past two weeks it has gotten worse and lagging between shifts and not wanting to shift under a load

well mine wasnt a real high performance build thats why it was 2500, at the time i had a programmer but it was taken out right after the truck left garmons, the only thing the truck has is a 4 inch exhaust and no cats, i just wanted something a lil stouter than the factory dodge, and at first it was good shifted a lil harder than id like but shifted good and ran great, but in the past two weeks it has gotten worse and lagging between shifts and not wanting to shift under a load

Sounds very indicative of trash in the Gov.Pres Sensor or Trans ducer..(electronic)......Mine did that one time a while back.....

You may want to spring for his NEW external Trans filter system he is selling now....Will help big time with keeping the electronics clean....

i have an external trans filter already on it, previous owner had it installed cooling lines run through an oil filter then back out, but not sure if its trash in it or not, ive never messed with the diesels much ive always done gas thats why i let him work on it, i try to do as little work on this one as possible leave it to the people who know what they are doing

well finally got in touch with jeff, and im taking it down there tommorow to get it looked at, so we will see what the problem is, thanks for the help

im not very impressed i had a transmission rebuilt by garmon that has around 8-10 thousand miles on it, had to take it back to him after a week due to faulty torque converter, and now the transmission is slipping bad and if i hook a trailer to it it will not shift right at all, and it has a horrible lag in between shifts, and cannot get in touch with garmon to discuss fixing, paid 2500 bucks and fuel to drive back and forth and its worse than the factory dodge

Hey man!!!

I was down at Garmons today....Saw and road in your truck....

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with you tranny or Any work that Jeff did on your truck!!!! Ha!! You aren't going to beleive what your problem was!! :hehe:

Call Jeff!!!!

BUT, for the record and to make things right with Jeff....Once you talk to Jeff, it might be a nice jesture to Post a Retraction of the Tranny thing!!

It had NOTHING to do with the tranny!!!! lol

Hey man!!!

I was down at Garmons today....Saw and road in your truck....

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with you tranny or Any work that Jeff did on your truck!!!! Ha!! You aren't going to beleive what your problem was!! :hehe:

It had NOTHING to do with the tranny!!!! lol

LoL... When he described it as "not wanting to shift under load" I kind of suspected it had a run issue.
...Now... back to my complaint: ...as of today, my Kenny G. CD is scratched beyond repair. It's hit the floor one too many times.
Unless Garmons Diesel agrees to replace it immediatly, I'll be on the phone with ATS's lawyers tomorow.

:evil

...Now... back to my complaint: ...as of today, my Kenny G. CD is scratched beyond repair. It's hit the floor one too many times.
Unless Garmons Diesel agrees to replace it immediatly, I'll be on the phone with ATS's lawyers tomorow.

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

LoL... When he described it as "not wanting to shift under load" I kind of suspected it had a run issue.

That's what you get....
Now if you had a super-powerfull Jeep Grand Cherokee with the wicked 4.0L I-6 :woohoo: you wouldn't need to deal with that back-woods redneck LOL !
Just kidding Jeff, you da man and when I get another diesel, she'll be yours to molest!
Josiah

And you actually admit to listening to Kenny G:hehe:

Come on Swole let the cat out the bag. LOL

Not really my place to....I just wanted everyone to know that the tranny was just fine and drove great...I didn't think Jeff had messed up like he said....

I don't want to call out someone that I don't really know....

Ya'll are a bunch of nuts:rockwoot:..I like Kenny G myself..I think my tranny is a little above the mild stage

Ya'll are a bunch of nuts:rockwoot:..I like Kenny G myself..I think my tranny is a little above the mild stage

I'll admit to liking Kenny G as well.....JAZZ is my music of choice for my 12 hr day in the patrol car!....It calms me down after dealing with freakin Idiot's all day!!! lol

BTW, Sticky.....Most all the parts are in....I'll be at Jeff on every off day working on my rebuild...Come hang out....

I'll be off next Mon and Tues.....Then Friday after Christmas and the whole week after until new Years.....

to warranty say a TC through Suncoast, he had to send it back to them so they could rebuild it. They wouldn't let him use a new replacement. That caused or will cause his customers to be down for longer than they should.

Jeff got with a company that will ship immediately for warranty and/or he can have them in stock. I believe their warranty is longer than Suncoast also. He said they're built to his specs. I believe he's always used Sonnax, plus, he's hooked up with Opie for his parts to help ensure the best are going in the competition builds

Back