Efi live purchase

tgrshk19

Ok so i just had new injectors put in and the shop talked me into adding efi live for tuning because i was looking for a little extra to tow with. I need some advice however i had assumed that i would get the programmer/scanner with this purchase ao that i could change tunes if i wanted to later and be able to use for diagnosis. The shop however is saying that he only has one tool and uses it on everybodys. Is this correct? Doesn't seem right by what i get off of efilive site. Had the csp 5 put in with 5 tunes, Bosch reman injectors, edge insight with egt for a guage and airdog 150 he charged me $5300 is that about right i know i could have purchased all alot cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tell him that you want the CSP5 setup or he can shove his single tune up his ass :)

says he had the csp5 put in with 5 tunes...

OP, were you wanting an Autocal (the handheld tuner/diagnostic tool for efi live)? If so you maybe able to purchase on and have it licensed to his computer/your VIN license.

I did get the csp5 not the single tune but i don't necessarily want to go through him if i want to update someday

I did get the csp5 not the single tune but i don't necessarily want to go through him if i want to update someday

Then you can purchase an Autocal with different csp5 tunes from an onlinbe vendor of your choice whenever you want.

says he had the csp5 put in with 5 tunes...

OP, were you wanting an Autocal (the handheld tuner/diagnostic tool for efi live)? If so you maybe able to purchase on and have it licensed to his computer/your VIN license.
I don't know i thought thats what i purchased wss the v2 tool with tunes

Ok my misunderstanding then i thought it was like my pcv dynojet on my bike and you would be able to take it to a dyno shop and really get it right if needed

With EFI Live, you either need to flash the ECM with a Flashscan V2 or an Autocal handheld tuner. What your shop did was used their V2, purchased an additional Vin Liscence for your ECM and burned your CSP5 tunes into the ECM with his V2. (you can tune 200 trucks per V2) This process is usually around $550 for the tunes, vin license and the flash.

An Autocal with tunes is usually around $700. and is still linked to the original tuner's Flashscan V2 so you will need to send the Autocal back to the original tuner to have it unlinked from their V2, then you can send it to the next shop who would need to link it to their V2 to flash their tunes into it.

Now if you purchased a Flashscan V2 yourself ($900,includes two VIN licenses, but no tunes) you can purchase tunes from any tuner in the country and receive tunes via email or go have it dyno tuned and the tuner would just use your FlashScan V2.

Lavon

Last edited:
Sounds like you're pretty knowledgeable about EFI Live tuning. I'm about do this and have been doing some pricing on complete packages for injectors, pump, compounds, & EFI Live along with a few other items. What sparked my interest in researching EFI Live is that I've gotten quotes on a switch with pass through plug and 5 tunes but the tunes were listed from different people. How much difference could a particular person writing the tunes for my setup being these are custom tunes? Is there any one particular person or company that is recommended over others? Once I get my tunes, is it necessary to update them after a few years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you're pretty knowledgeable about EFI Live tuning. I'm about do this and have been doing some pricing on complete packages for injectors, pump, compounds, & EFI Live along with a few other items. What sparked my interest in researching EFI Live is that I've gotten quotes on a switch with pass through plug and 5 tunes but the tunes were listed from different people. How much difference could a particular person writing the tunes for my setup being these are custom tunes? Is there any one particular person or company that is recommended over others? Once I get my tunes, is it necessary to update them after a few years?

There's a ton of different reputable tuners out there. I suggest using one that is constantly R&Ding files and sending updates. That ensures that you're buying from someone who actually cares about their customers

With EFI Live, you either need to flash the ECM with a Flashscan V2 or an Autocal handheld tuner. What your shop did was used their V2, purchased an additional Vin Liscence for your ECM and burned your CSP5 tunes into the ECM with his V2. (you can tune 200 trucks per V2) This process is usually around $550 for the tunes, vin license and the flash.

An Autocal with tunes is usually around $700. and is still linked to the original tuner's Flashscan V2 so you will need to send the Autocal back to the original tuner to have it unlinked from their V2, then you can send it to the next shop who would need to link it to their V2 to flash their tunes into it.

Now if you purchased a Flashscan V2 yourself ($900,includes two VIN licenses, but no tunes) you can purchase tunes from any tuner in the country and receive tunes via email or go have it dyno tuned and the tuner would just use your FlashScan V2.

Lavon

There's a ton of different reputable tuners out there. I suggest using one that is constantly R&Ding files and sending updates. That ensures that you're buying from someone who actually cares about their customers

Both of these posts have good info, but please don't forget to do the leg work yourself either. A lot of tuners handle multiple customers and potentially thousands of emails daily, so patience is important. If you have a concern with your truck, or there is something you feel that its lacking, good communication with your chosen tuner and good log files will go a long way into getting your issues resolved.

I've seen and heard of numerous people, who aren't happy with something, make minimal efforts to contact the tuner to remedy the issue. Then just waste money and switch to another tuner, and bad mouth the original guy. Little do they know that a lot of the bigger name guys who are heavy into tuning, all know each other and probably talk on a somewhat regular basis. They have also worked with each other and helped with different tuning issues, and even shared their opinion of said customer.

Now to be clear, I'm not saying you're that guy. I'm just sharing my experiences that I've seen/heard while being friends with who I believe is one of the better tuners out there. I would recommend purchasing your own Autocal and data log your truck, whether its some good hard pulls on the street, or getting in on a dyno. Getting those log files to your tuner will help you get the most out of your investment.

:Cheer:

Both of these posts have good info, but please don't forget to do the leg work yourself either. A lot of tuners handle multiple customers and potentially thousands of emails daily, so patience is important. If you have a concern with your truck, or there is something you feel that its lacking, good communication with your chosen tuner and good log files will go a long way into getting your issues resolved.

I've seen and heard of numerous people, who aren't happy with something, make minimal efforts to contact the tuner to remedy the issue. Then just waste money and switch to another tuner, and bad mouth the original guy. Little do they know that a lot of the bigger name guys who are heavy into tuning, all know each other and probably talk on a somewhat regular basis. They have also worked with each other and helped with different tuning issues, and even shared their opinion of said customer.

Now to be clear, I'm not saying you're that guy. I'm just sharing my experiences that I've seen/heard while being friends with who I believe is one of the better tuners out there. I would recommend purchasing your own Autocal and data log your truck, whether its some good hard pulls on the street, or getting in on a dyno. Getting those log files to your tuner will help you get the most out of your investment.

:Cheer:

Intelligent post here for sure.

Back