urgent diesel in distress!!!

tobyk321

high tech redneck
OK so my parents borrowed my uncles 02 gmc and they are stuck in Virgina about 100 miles from pa. when they were on their way there the truck shut down on them i drove out to help and the truck threw a bunch of rail pressure codes. so i replaced the fuel filter for them. and that seemed to fix it but now the truck is completely dead in Virgina any ideas on what happened or is there anybody that could help them out. thanks everyone

don't remember all the codes but the 1093 was in there for sure. I'm thinking its the fuel filter again. they prob got a bad batch of fuel

There is a TSB on injectors bypassing too much fuel. One symptom is fuel in the oil. Have them check the dip stick.

OK thanks for the help, they are gonna call me in the morning so I'll keep everyone up to date, hope its not the injectors

Does it have an edge juice/att on it? If so take it off, seen this happen a couple times.

ok so i drove down and towed their trailer back, turns out my dad changed the filter again and didn't get it tight enough so it was sucking in air and wouldn't start. so now the truck and trailer are back home

Back