air dog II 165, wont adjust up past 28 psi

jaybuller

USCG MK
i bought an air dog 2 165 a couple months ago and installed it with out a pressure guage. Well i installed a issopro fuel pressure gauge and tryed to adjust the pressure up to 35psi. well it wont go past 28psi. that is the adjustment screw all the way in. i can adjust down from 28 psi but not up past that. WHat am i missing i thought i would at least be able to adjust it up to 35psi? any input? what do i need to do to get the pressure up? spring replacment? or what? thank you. I will be calling after the holidays once you guys open again but figured you might look here first.... Thank you much and Merry Christmas!

OFV wont allow pressure to be built in the pump before the spring releases... Tork Tek OFV fixed my problem...

are you guys sure, with the amount of flow this pump should be producing you should be able to take the ofv spring out and still maintain 35 psi i would think?

are you guys sure, with the amount of flow this pump should be producing you should be able to take the ofv spring out and still maintain 35 psi i would think?

No. You need to have some sort of restriction to hold pressure in the pump. A stock over flow valve that's been modded would work. I prefer gutting the overflow valve and using an adjustable regulator on the return side of the pump.

Dead head the output and adjust it then. Let me know the results. This will cut the OFV out of the picture testing it like this.

Alright I put a torc tech fixed ohv the 050 model meant for airdog pump. I can adjust it up to 50 people now. It is very finicky I can set it at 20 psi and then 1/8 of a turn and its at 50 psi its like its all or 20 or less. Can't get it to 40 like I want.

Any ideas on how to get it to run at 40 psi? A new regulator spring or somthing like that? It will not adjust to 40 psi. It's either 20 psi or 50 no on between.

Back