Pyrometer problems

jpavao1066

Diesel Head
Hi I have an ev2 pyrometer and just recently I started having issues with it. The needle bounces up and down from 100 ish to whatever my current egts are at the time, but it won't hold the reading. It seems like if I unplug and replug it at the probe it works again, but shortly after it starts bouncing around, then eventually stays at 100. Does this sound like I need a new thermocouple? It only started this after I removed the head and reinstalled it (having to unplug the probe from the harness to do so) so I don't think it would be the gauge itself? Thanks

I would clean the contacts of the plug real good and put some dielectric grease inside the terminals before you plug it back together. Sounds like you are losing continuity in the circuit.

^^ also what he said.

Sorry I missed this post, are you still having problems? The above advice was good, but if it didn't solve it then my next guess would be a broken connection inside the thermocouple probe (since moving the wires down there seemed to have temporarily cured it). Please let me know.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Back