Beta Testers - who and where

EFI Support

Comp Diesel Sponsor
We often get asked who is on our beta test team, and where are our testers located. Thanks to Rich at Doghouse Diesel Performance for putting together this map of our Cummins/Duramax testers.

Attachments

• EFILiveBetaTesterMap.jpg
    EFILiveBetaTesterMap.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 0
This isn't meant to be used as a master tuner list, although I suspect it will.

We continually get questions from people who want to switch to EFILive, but the product for their truck is still in Beta. This list is to help those users find someone to work with while we are in product development, which is why it was posted.

As software developers, the location of our beta testers is irrelevant (other than for testing parameters at elevation) - all our software development and changes are done in Australia and New Zealand and it's the testers who run it on trucks and report back. At this point, other than YouTube video's we haven't actually seen a Cummins run our software.

To be a beta tester, users need to be intimately familiar with our software, have a range of ECM recovery tools, and have access to one or more trucks on a regular basis. Economies of scale lead to many of our testers being shops. Not all are, we do have some individuals who have no commercial interest in the after market industry or tuning, and it's fair to say they didn't want their details published.

We are not looking for Beta testers in certain geographical locations - we look for those who can provide us with the most accurate, timely and concise feedback and product development suggestions. And just because a tester isn't local doesn't mean you can't work with a tester. To get our full fueling to 5000RPM, Ross was working in Melbourne Australia, sending files to our Beta testers. Zach at Starlight (UT) was working with his customer on the East Coast. It was all done via email.

Cheers
Cindy

Last edited:
That makes sense to me. I know a local truck puller that has been using the released versions on various trucks around here and competes every weekend. I'd like to see him have access to the beta software, but didn't know if there were private beta users.

That makes sense to me. I know a local truck puller that has been using the released versions on various trucks around here and competes every weekend. I'd like to see him have access to the beta software, but didn't know if there were private beta users.
He can contact me if he likes and we can have a discussion about it. No guarentees though.

My best guess is that our next release will probably be the last 'real' update for 5.9L for the year.

Ross goes to the US in 5 weeks time and while he's able to do email support, for the 7 weeks he's gone parameter development will cease. He comes back mid December, but I'm guessing he'll have LOTS to catch up on.

Before he goes he needs to finalise some more 2012 Gasser support and make the 6.7L beta release as comprehensive as possible.

None North of the border?

Not specifically, as we said location is irrelevant. Given north of the boarder along with the 90% of the rest of the developed world uses metric (including Australia and NZ) there is no need to source someone specifically for metric testing - it's all done in house.

And to be honest, I don't think anyone from Canada even asked to be on our beta list for Cummins

Cheers
Cindy

Idk if your talking about me brandon but cindy already hooks me up with some the beta software.. I would like to be put on the list so to say but she actually usually contacts me and ask if Im going pulling and ask me to try somethig out.. so far so good. Sorry about matts tune I honestly forgot..lol Ill have it to him tonight... let me know when you get it.

Yep! Didn't know how you did the unofficial official testing. Good to know you're taken care of. :hehe:

Does anyone knowable if the Texas or Louisiana locations are beta testing 6.7's and on THE forum?

I have seen some of Dan's trucks run. VERY nice on the sled pulling track. In fact, every time I see one of his customers trucks pull in, I know I am not placing. LOL

Idk if your talking about me brandon but cindy already hooks me up with some the beta software.. I would like to be put on the list so to say but she actually usually contacts me and ask if Im going pulling and ask me to try somethig out.. so far so good. Sorry about matts tune I honestly forgot..lol Ill have it to him tonight... let me know when you get it.

Danny, I've checked with Ross, and he's confirmed that 5.9L development won't recommence until 2012. He has done the 5.9L final release for this year which is scheduled for later this week. This will fix the timing issues (20* offsets) There may be a bug fix between now and when he goes, but that's it.

When we return and looks at 5.9L development I'll get in touch with you and see if we can add you.

Does anyone knowable if the Texas or Louisiana locations are beta testing 6.7's and on THE forum?

Both are able to test 6.7L's and I'm sure they will. They may even be looking for some customer's trucks for testing - you'd need to contact them. Kory (Louisiana) is active on our forum under the name Dmaxink. Josh (Texas) is active on this forum under the name JoshH.

Cheers
Cindy

When do you think it will be out for the 03-04 cummins, just last week started working with zac at starlite diesel on dmax. Robyn with fish tuning is the one that got us hooked up with zac. We will beta test our 2.6 truck when its out.

When do you think it will be out for the 03-04 cummins, just last week started working with zac at starlite diesel on dmax. Robyn with fish tuning is the one that got us hooked up with zac. We will beta test our 2.6 truck when its out.

Testing for the SCI trucks won't be until 2012. Hoping it will be in the first quarter or half of the year

Cheers
Cindy

Back