Ford 9600

we have a 9600 with a 456 w/ a p-pump and a twin disc clutch ..... makes for one sweet field machine! dont use it to chop corn anymore cuz we didnt want to be replacing chopper parts. on the pulling track it take a pretty good runnin IH to beat it. it has been a couple years since i have had it at the track but i want to get it out this year. i have only played with the fuel screw so far but i want to put boost and egt guages on it and bump it a little more ... it also does very well on fuel while working in the field.

we have a 9600 with a 456 w/ a p-pump and a twin disc clutch ..... makes for one sweet field machine! dont use it to chop corn anymore cuz we didnt want to be replacing chopper parts. on the pulling track it take a pretty good runnin IH to beat it. it has been a couple years since i have had it at the track but i want to get it out this year. i have only played with the fuel screw so far but i want to put boost and egt guages on it and bump it a little more ... it also does very well on fuel while working in the field.

Bring that thing to Ga!!! Got any pics? Where did you get the 456?

Liberty Antique Tractor Pull

the 456 and clutch came from forresters in chambersburg pa. i dont have any pics on hand but when the weather breaks and we get it out i will get some and post them. as for bringing it to Ga, you buy the fuel to get it there and i would definately hit a few pulls there!! :evil

I'll be glad to supply the fuel when it hits $1/gal!! J/k

Farmers are broke these days!

yeah i here ya! unfortunately i dont have much time to spend at the farm as i work construction so summers are pretty busy (hopefully) but my uncle and grandpa have the dairy farm and my grandpa estimated about $30,000 lost last year... and thats with only 50-60 head!:doh:

yeah i here ya! unfortunately i dont have much time to spend at the farm as i work construction so summers are pretty busy (hopefully) but my uncle and grandpa have the dairy farm and my grandpa estimated about $30,000 lost last year... and thats with only 50-60 head!:doh:

No joke. Dad took one heck of a beating last year with 80 head. Took beef calf money to pay for the milkers feed.:bang

pics

shes not very shiny but there it is

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 10
53cummins, what does she weigh? That has to be the original paint? looks like you have swapped the clamps for the wedges on the axle!

its been a few years since i had it on the scales but without dual hubs and no weights its somewhere around 11500 i think. and yes that is original paint and it does have the wedges on the axle.

Thought about selling it? Ours is a factory stock tractor, plus it was drove the capitol steps in Atlanta back in the 70's. Really don't want to tear it apart.

haha no i think that one would be one of the last to go. when it was at the shop getting the motor and clutch done they said they had several people asking how much for it. even if the farm goes i think that will stick around, atleast if i have a say in it!!

I completely understand, If you don't mind, keep me in mind just in case that day does come to pass.

We would still love to see you pull in georgia some time.

We pull April 24, june26,Aug 28, and oct 23. We would love to have you and any of your fellow pullers from up north.

well my my accountant (ie wife) says no but if i can get in a good work season then i might try to persuade her on one of the later two

Back