2nd gear lock up, Why you no work!?!?

Cummins12Club

Happy Dinosaur
My friend and I are fighting an issue w 2nd gear lock up in our 47re manual valve body's we built using a transgo tfod3 kit, we put a plug in the plate on his and flipped the lock up timing valve around backwards like we were advised, 3rd and od lock up works flawlessly, but when u flip the switch for lock up when your in 2nd gear it locks up for a split second and then shifts directly to 3rd but stays locked up, today we built my valve body using same transgo kit but jb welded the passage like most ppl do, and same exact issue, only thing we can come up with is the 2-3 shift spring is not strong enough to hold lock up on top of the 200psi of line pressure and causing it to shift into 2nd any ideas?

Is your tv lever wired full throttle? For a little while I had an issue where it would do exactly what you are describing (this was before I built is for second gear lockup, it would shift violently from second to third lock then downshift, all in about 2 seconds) I ended up backing the tv lever off just a little bit and it quit. It doesn't do it at all anymore since the VB has been cleaned out.

The TV cable lever is tied all the way back and it does it under light throttle or full throttle, under light throttle it will bark the tires when it locks up in 2nd for that brief second

I'd back the lever off some and keep playing with it until it works under hard throttle. There isn't really much reason to lock under partial throttle in my mind.

How hard is the shift when its going 2-3 in lockup?
Watching this thread since I intend on doing the same thing except homebrew a controller to put tension on the TV cable and set the TPS voltage. Or maybe get lazy and use a push pull cable on em both. sometimes I like a low rpm shift, like when Im headed out at 2am. The neighbors hate me a tiny bit less, heh.

My friend and I are fighting an issue w 2nd gear lock up in our 47re manual valve body's we built using a transgo tfod3 kit, we put a plug in the plate on his and flipped the lock up timing valve around backwards like we were advised, 3rd and od lock up works flawlessly, but when u flip the switch for lock up when your in 2nd gear it locks up for a split second and then shifts directly to 3rd but stays locked up, today we built my valve body using same transgo kit but jb welded the passage like most ppl do, and same exact issue, only thing we can come up with is the 2-3 shift spring is not strong enough to hold lock up on top of the 200psi of line pressure and causing it to shift into 2nd any ideas?

I'm pretty sure there r 2 holes that need blocked. Bradhunt1627 was going to show us which holes if someone would get pics of the separator plate. I sent him 2 pics but haven't heard back yet. If anyone knows him maybe they could message him. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a suncoast body, non full manual, and it locks in second. I had a very similar issue to you when i forgot to hook the tv cable back up. So playing with where u have it wired may help.

Back