Redesigned!! Steed competition manifold vs Standard Steed

TMONEYDIESEL

Comp Diesel Sponsor
The competition manifold has been redone and flows even better now, heres some pics next to the standard steed. The new comp manifold is amazing looking and should up the gains we already see. These are angled comp manifolds

Look at those welds!!

Attachments

• steed speed comp manifold.jpg
    steed speed comp manifold.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 0
  • steed speed comp vs stock.jpg
    steed speed comp vs stock.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 0
They are such quality pieces. It looks like they channel the exhaust better into the turbo flange over the old style competition header. Looks like it may be a little taller as well. Wonder if I could trade my brand new old style comp header in for a new style comp header..
aefcc3a3-ec1a-5140.jpg

Once you understand airflow, you will understand why the new manifold will work better.....Velocity increases and pressure reduces......(just a dumb jet engine mechanic) air in, air out with as little disturbance as possible....really simple!

Jim

Once you understand airflow, you will understand why the new manifold will work better.....Velocity increases and pressure reduces......(just a dumb jet engine mechanic) air in, air out with as little disturbance as possible....really simple!

Jim

I am almost certain velocity will decrease on this setup, possibly hurting spool but it will be a fire breather on top.

So If my last comp t6 order left steedspeed 3 days ago, should I expect the new or old style.

Lavon

I am almost certain velocity will decrease on this setup, possibly hurting spool but it will be a fire breather on top.

Part throttle may suffer a little if the cross section was increased but at wot I would venture to guess velocity at the turbine inlet being fed by the newly designed steed manifold will increase and that is the velocity that matters. Just my estimation.....

The competition manifold has been redone and flows even better now, heres some pics next to the standard steed. The new comp manifold is amazing looking and should up the gains we already see. These are angled comp manifolds

Look at those welds!!

Sounds like the one I should have tomorrow, that I got from rich at RPS!

Back