Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- GM > GM Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2022, 10:31 AM   #1
russcone

Name: russcone
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Lml oil in coolant

Have a lml that had an oil leak that I could only trace as a upper oil pan leak. I pulled everything apart to clean and reseal, while that far into it I went ahead and pulled the rear adapter plate. I replaced the seals and resealed that also. I never took apart the oil cooler, although I did loosen it where it bolts to the block so I could get the cooler elbow lined back up to the adapter plate.

Finished everything up, started the truck and didn't notice any leaks. Cut the truck off so I could get some coolant and top off. Was busy and finally got some coolant a few days later so I could finish up and noticed that oil was mixed in with the little bit of coolant that was left in the system. I didn't see any oil in the old coolant when I drained it to do all the work.

I'm at a loss to what the issue could be. I looked at another adapter plate to see if the coolant passages on the adapter plate could be the issue, but I don't see how it can. The two coolant seals have a valley around them and are outside the area that seals it to the block. If they leaked they would simply run through the valley and put the side of the adapter plate.

Also the oil cooler and long block are almost brand new. Maybe 5k miles. The other thing is there is no coolant in the engine oil, and the engine oil level is perfect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Closed Thread