New and Improved Beans Diesel Sump

ctdiesel99

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Here are just a few quick pictures of our new sump design. We still have several of the older design that i will be running a sale on next week, and these will be the replacement. This new design is still a no tank drop install sump, but makes installation a little easier, with only one mounting bolt instead of the 8 mounting studs. I will post some more detailed pics once I get some finalized products next week, but here are a couple of teaser's for now.

Price is still in the works, but it should stay around the same price that we are at now ($140) and it will also come w/ a 3" hole saw for the installation.

It will literally take longer to drain the fuel out of your tank than it will to install this new sump, it's super easy and simple, yet still as durable as anything else on the market.

Enough talking, on to the pics. What do you guys think?

sump1_zps1117a109.jpg

sump2_zps70d3e1ac.jpg

Last edited:
Got pics of the inside piece? Curious how the 1 bolt works and stays a no drop design. I have an idea but don't want to look stupid if I'm wrong LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Got pics of the inside piece? Curious how the 1 bolt works and stays a no drop design. I have an idea but don't want to look stupid if I'm wrong LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yup, i'll get some more detailed pictures up first of next week.

Here are a few pics showing how the sump works.
The X shape piece goes on the inside of the tank and is threaded for the mounting bolt. The sump has a groove cut in it for a thick o-ring which is what seals it up against the bottom of the tank.
So all you have to do is drill your 3" hole in the bottom of the tank (with the provided 3" hole saw), place the X shape piece in the tank through the 3" hole, and then secure the sump using the mounting bolt. You will also notice the plug next to the mounting bolt which is for draining the tank if you ever need to. This is not a final piece, and they will come with stainless mounting bolt and drain plug, but this gives you an idea as to how it works. We have these on a couple of test vehicles right now with great success.

6C6FD450-4B9E-4847-8000-410256CF09C4-6184-000008F2203BF11E.jpg

46D3D750-C05F-4CBF-9877-C4DECD6C2382-6184-000008F215EC945B.jpg

5EA8D65E-E549-4095-99E8-7087F34FA5FB-6184-000008F1B0B6B002.jpg

26A0C4ED-92FE-476C-9367-AC8C93515A47-6184-000008F1C2EB8195.jpg

I love it! You going to do a price without the hole saw bit?

Nope, a hole saw will be included in every new sump that is sent out. But price will still be pretty close to if not the same as what they are now ($140)

Yep... I will have one. Awesome piece guys!

I might even purchase a new one....I have a friends wrecked 3500 at my shop for stripping with a perfectly stock tank....might throw my tank/sump on CL for a few extra bucks hmmm..... LOL

We use these at work:

6UUJ9_AS01

And I was just thinking this week how well a sump might work with something like this design. Too late. Now I want one.

Looks good Eric! Any concerns of theft/tampering with one ready bolt to remove? Maybe a countersunk socket head bolt with at least a torx? Just an idea

Looks good Eric! Any concerns of theft/tampering with one ready bolt to remove? Maybe a countersunk socket head bolt with at least a torx? Just an idea

We have thought about that, but it would be even easier to take a pocket knife and cut the fuel line to steal fuel so we didn't see it necessary to go any farther with a theft deterrent mounting bolt.

Back