Interior

AlmostBroke94

Haven't posted in a long time so I thought I would share here first. Door panels were beyond ugly and the carpet/cloth was pretty much rock solid, really uncomfortable. So I took both panels off and power washed the $?!& out of them. Then wet sanded, primed, wet sanded again and sprayed both medium gray. I do need to take them back off and hit them with some clear but..

After drying I then replaced the gross carpet/cloth on top and bottom part of both panels with some leather I found at a fabric store(took forever to get the old stuff off):bang. This was only my 2nd time doing leather/vinyl work. Used a really good contact cement and took my time on letting it dry so it would stretch and hold, only doing sections at a time. You don't need to glob the contact cement all over, a good even layer on vinyl and door panel side is enough and if you let it dry 3-5 minutes before laying your section on the plastic it really starts to tack up so it will have a good hold, especially when your stretching it to get wrinkles out and or when laying it over uneven parts of the piece.

Did this about 4 weeks ago. Everything but the carpet and headliner will be done tomorrow. Instead of spraying the top part of the dash I'm going to buy a black or dark brown dash cap to match everything else. I do apologize for the bad image quality.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 0
Back